Official Anti-Switching Multiplayer Tool

Started by AnthonyBF2, July 28, 2016, 10:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 28, 2016, 10:43:58 AM Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:07:11 PM by Anthony_b
Greetings everyone. If you play SWBF2 in multiplayer in the last year you've probably seen people using a cheat that allows them to switch characters at any time they desire. This cheat is more common in hero assault but is possible in the whole game. This cheat has become rampant in some situations, hero assault mostly, and has on occasion ruined good times. An official patch has been made that prevents this cheat 100% and you can get that patch here. Credits to the patch goes to {VA}Jake and the clan VA in general for creating tons of other awesome SWBF2 server patches in the past.

This tool is intended only for admins who run a PC dedicated v1.1 server. This tool is not made for the client side of the game, server only. When the tool is applied to the server, all players in the server are then prevented from using the cheat.

First you need to start the server and make sure that it is running as normal. Then run the patch tool and activate it. From that point on the server should be protected. If you're hosting a server and playing the game from the same computer you will need to start the server first, start the patch tool and then start your game.

It is recommended that everyone shares this with all of their friends so that anyone who has ran a server or may intend to is prepared with the tool.

You can download the tool below by clicking the icon that looks like a paper clip.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Well done to VA/{VA}Jake in that case! It's awesome to see that we're counter-attacking cheating after all these years!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 28, 2016, 11:12:03 AM
Well done to VA/{VA}Jake in that case! It's awesome to see that we're counter-attacking cheating after all these years!

My thoughts exactly.

July 28, 2016, 12:22:52 PM #3 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:53:19 PM by oldsnake
what is needed to run this file it claims it is not a valid win32 application. okay thanks Anthony_b .net framework 4.5 will not run on xp.

July 28, 2016, 12:31:02 PM #4 Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:31:15 PM by Anthony_b
Not sure if anything is required to make it function correctly. I will check and get back to you here.
Edit: Jake says .net framework 4.5

Oldsnake, that's just the sad reality then. You'll need Windows 7.

I can't tell you how many times my servers have been ruined by people using those cheats. Kicking only does so much...

This is much needed and I hope the whole community will use it.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

We've added a version of the tool that should work on Windows XP.