Catching up on tools

Started by AnthonyBF2, July 15, 2016, 03:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 15, 2016, 03:39:49 PM Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:48:06 PM by Anthony_b
I'd like to make a few smallish mods for SWBF1 for personal use and am way behind on the modding scene for the game. I'd just like a general push on updated tools/tutorials.

Thanks.  :P

Edit: I remember in the past trying to remunge the stock sides and using them crashed on maps like Hoth. I never figured this out and it would be sweet if possible to fix.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

The tutorials section on the board is a great place to start.  The Q&A archives (stickied) are extremely nice when you have a specific question (or you can use the search bar).  One of the first things I suggest getting a hold of is Phobos Modders Toolbox.  It contains most of the modding tools needed with the exception of the 100% Common/Shell Builders (which are hosted here as well).
Thread for Toolbox: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4382.msg43021#msg43021

As far as Hoth goes, the only thing that I can say is that the game tends to crash when forgetting the local probe droid side for whatever reason in the mission file.  I have never personally had any problem with the Side builders (run clean and then munge and see what happens).
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.