Re: PS2 server/game testing needed for new master server

Started by Mike, May 29, 2016, 08:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yea I do, but my computer is not the best so it might take me a minute for my microphone to get setup once I get into a server.

ok, no problem, we might try it another time then.

Oldsnake was able to get into our new PS2 swbf2 and swbf game servers.

He used a hex edited exe.

I will edit this post with a link in 2 minutes.

Quote from: oldsnake on May 30, 2016, 09:03:11 PM
here is the patched SWBFspy for ps2 swbf2 server exe.
https://mega.nz/#!WdYxhSoQ!py_faVaYWl75EPeIXbiKwVKONh3UxYFQe5nr6F6LFOc
in the folder there is the normal SWBFspy and fast spawn SWBFspy.
if you want slow spawn time use the normal exe. keep a backup copy of the original exe.
here is the download for the server http://www.gamewatcher.com/downloads/star-wars-battlefront-ii-download/dedicated-server-1-07
thanks Led for the server download link
and here is a vid for setup the ps2 switch buy creating a shortcut in the start menu programs folder.

you might want to update the sm and rm also http://www.fileplanet.com/184555/180000/fileinfo/Star-Wars:-Battlefront-2--Server-Manager-and-Remote-Manager-v1.1-GUI

Did any of that help?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

No I mean I can get on TeamSpeak right now, its just that when I join you, my mic might not work right away, but I am available to talk right now.

That information from Snake is basically what Playstation 2 players would use if we wanted to host a big server, like a 24 man server from my computer or another computer. He edited the Playstation 2 battlefrontii.exe to replace the GameSpy values with your values so that the server will show up on the PS2 SWBFspy list. He helped me before with this when we were using GameMaster too. However I can't see that list from my PS2 right now.

OK, lets give it a shot on ts3

Address: 216.52.148.181
password:  ts3

these videos show how I set up the server

So Oldsnake you are able to connect no problem? You are the only one right now I think.

I am trying to do the exact same settings you are doing in your video

but its a little difficult as I am using a slightly different method. I know you have the network configuration iso / disc and you use that to make a connection setting. I use the one that is built into Battlefront 2. When I pick a connection I can press square to edit it and it brings me to the connection manager that way. I make the connection in there.

Also you are on emulator and I am on console. Both me and one other player have gotten the same results using the exact same settings, the only thing we changed was Primary DNS to 74.91.125.138 everything else was default and automatic. We both got the download patch thing. We can get past it, but when we do the server list is empty.

Trying to do it the exact same as you so we can figure out what's going on here. The checking for patch screen happens differently than it did on GameMaster.

EDIT: IDK how this could possibly be relevant for the patch thing but just incase it is, I have 106 KB of free space on my PS2 memory card.

stuck on the patch screen ps2 swbf2 wireshark capture
https://mega.nz/#!WAgyBRzJ!LiKOKcwx9_G3lio6ow1FEOjMRYGNMnIoZOid47AiiTs
i got the same problem now Mike
the last entry it gets stuck on 74.91.125.138 DNS lucasarts.gamespy.com

Quote from: oldsnake on May 31, 2016, 09:51:42 PM
stuck on the patch screen ps2 swbf2 wireshark capture
https://mega.nz/#!WAgyBRzJ!LiKOKcwx9_G3lio6ow1FEOjMRYGNMnIoZOid47AiiTs
i got the same problem now Mike
the last entry it gets stuck on 74.91.125.138 DNS lucasarts.gamespy.com

Although I put *.gamespy.com in the table on the DNS, I have put that entry specifically in the DNS server.

I tried it a little while ago after that change and I get the same result.

Patch screen, can get past it, but the server list is empty when I do.

For documentation purposes:

sony DNAS

gate1.jp.dnas.playstation.org  203.105.78.162

gate1.us.dnas.playstation.org  203.105.78.163

gate1.eu.dnas.playstation.org  203.105.78.164

June 01, 2016, 10:41:34 PM #25 Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:47:15 PM by {Alpha}Drunken_Master
I am trying to catch up to you guys and hope I can help or at least add a pair of eyes.  It went through the Sony "A" part of the DNAS, then seems to get stuck like old snake said.  It correctly asks Led's new DNS server for the A record for lucasarts.gamespy.com and gets the correct response of the new DNS server.  The new DNS server on 162.248.92.172 responds with the correct new SWBFspy IP of 162.248.92.172 but the PS2 emulator doesn't seem to like the response and it keeps asking the DNS server over and over, and the master keeps replying but the PS2 doesn't like the response.

Just a thought, was the wireshark capture filtered?  Or is this everything?

That's as far as I can get tonight.  Zzzzz

Drunken Master, if I can get you a few wireshark captures from my console as a point of comparison would that be helpful?

For example I have one from May 2014 from GameSpy which was basically from a time when the game was working with default settings. I could also get one from SWBFspy so we can compare it with that and with Snake's. Finally I can also do one from another GameSpy emulation service called qtracker.

Qtracker isn't working all the way either, but it is not giving me the patch message, and I do not get "host registration failed" when I create a 4 man. However when getting the server list it still sits at "busy 0%" so I don't know if its fully functional. Their Primary DNS number to use is 63.239.170.150.

Also I don't know everything about wireshark so let me know what you meant by filtering, and how to turn that off so we can get all the information. Another question I have is, would it be easier to do a smaller capture of just 1 task, like connecting, for comparison sake? Or would it be fine to just capture everything for as far as I can get (including connecting and putting up a server and for example)?

By default it does not filter captures which is good so we don't lose anything.  You can apply filters later to the view if needed to remove unnecessary packets from what you are looking at after the capture.  For a start, 1 task at a time is probably better unless we have side remarks for at what time stamp what activity was happening, but the clue could be in what you have now. 

Yes please send the one you have already from May 2014 first; I'll take a look after work today when I am not so tired.

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on June 02, 2016, 11:25:51 AM
By default it does not filter captures which is good so we don't lose anything.  You can apply filters later to the view if needed to remove unnecessary packets from what you are looking at after the capture.
Okay, I am pretty sure I used the default settings when I made this capture and I am still using them now I think.
Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on June 02, 2016, 11:25:51 AMFor a start, 1 task at a time is probably better unless we have side remarks for at what time stamp what activity was happening, but the clue could be in what you have now. 
Okay for the one I did for GameSpy in 2014, I did everything, so its a bit bigger. However this was back when I was testing out OpenSpy (before GameMaster was a thing) so I did actually write out exactly what I did in a forum post for them. I will put that here. For the newer captures I can try to go one step at a time.

-------------------------2014 post incoming-------------------------

Alright onto what I did, basically I followed this guide:
http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1256

I downloaded the Mac version of Wireshark from http://www.wireshark.org/download.html

I then used Wireshark version 1.10.6 and I was able to play SWBF2 from my PS2 hooked up to my Macbook using a regular ethernet wire (not a crossover cable). While I was doing this I had the Wireshark program record a list of all the information that my PS2 sent to DNAS and Gamespy.

GameSpy Joining a Server Packets
DOWNLOAD PACKET FILE HERE--> https://mega.nz/#!aNQmELYJ!oD-_nf2WLGQ_E2sQ2b8H5lr0buaLDz0vUyXZhQkjTi8

• Started Wireshark packet capture
  • Turned on PS2
  • Started up Star Wars Battlefront 2 and went into online mode
  • Selected my default DNS network settings
  • Got to the GameSpy login screen
  • Entered without logging in
  • Loading server list
  • Observed 100%
  • Refreshed the server list once
  • Observed 100% again
  • Joined SWBFII Official Server (it was empty)
  • Played one life on Mustafar
  • Left Server
  • Logged out of online mode
  • Shut off PS2
  • Stopped recording on Wireshark
-------------------------End of 2014 Post-------------------------

I can also upload the one from OpenSpy I got from back then but I think doing a SWBFspy one or a Qtracker one would be more useful.

June 02, 2016, 08:14:34 PM #29 Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:16:31 PM by {Alpha}Drunken_Master
Mike, you were meticulous, thanks.  Downloaded the file, no chance to look yet, my baby daughter has been really difficult tonight. Got started 2 hours later than I hoped, and of course, I am now tired.  Well see if I can make progress.  If there is someone else that doesn't have a terrible-2 toddler I am happy to defer.  Working on it again now.

(edit)

Mike, it is fantasic you have this capture! 

So far I made it through the non-working one from Old Snake again, the gamespy one from Mike, and the working one from old Snake gamemaster.  there are still more to look at but that's as far as I got.

wife keeps yelling for me to help with everything.  It took more time for her to yell at me than it would have to just do whatever little thing herself.  yay.

Conclusions:  each capture is the same in initial, but different in the later dns inquiries, but they seem sloppy.  some enq in the past fail but game still works.  for Old Snake's recent hang capture, it looks like the client and server start talking and  would be nice to know if the new master server is receiving the right info. ATM I can't see what the server is seeing.  There may be still a lot of data to process.

Glad to keep going but out of juice tonight. Tomorrow should be better.