CC Hallway Only Sniper 1v1 Leaderboards Tournament

Started by Phobos, August 21, 2012, 10:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: {212}Mart on November 06, 2012, 07:05:17 PM
No, kishan threw a nade before i spawned. so when i spawned i fell and then he threw another one and i fell and maybe one more i forget, so i was on the floor and he shot me. its easy to throw a nade before they spawn and 'stun' them and then repeatly stun them till the timer goes out, 5 sec, like happened to me. Get what im saying? :p
Now you are making things up. You were never stunned because I removed grenade push from the server. Your character may have appeared to fall but you could still move since stun is removed.

It's not possible? Heh, that happened to me... i guess i know what my next tactics will be since its not
considered spawn killing.

kit I challenge you to a game 4:00 central.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I'm inclined to believe Mart. Although my opinion is worthless in this tournament it is worth stating that flinching still happens to people even when the bullet according to the server never hit them. Let me explain how this works. Say you put an invisible wall in the middle of the hallway server side. You can not walk through it and there is a person on the other side. He flinches although does not take damage. I think the same applies to weapons with push the animation of them being thrown to the ground. Maybe you can still move maybe you can't. If it is the case that the animation does play I am inclined to believe the code for blocking off controls from doing anything is activated. Server side mods 75% of the time are not stable and do have unwanted side affects client side.

November 07, 2012, 04:48:19 AM #184 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:57:00 AM by Phobos
Quote from: SleepKiller on November 07, 2012, 04:21:59 AM
I'm inclined to believe Mart. Although my opinion is worthless in this tournament it is worth stating that flinching still happens to people even when the bullet according to the server never hit them. Let me explain how this works. Say you put an invisible wall in the middle of the hallway server side. You can not walk through it and there is a person on the other side. He flinches although does not take damage. I think the same applies to weapons with push the animation of them being thrown to the ground. Maybe you can still move maybe you can't. If it is the case that the animation does play I am inclined to believe the code for blocking off controls from doing anything is activated. Server side mods 75% of the time are not stable and do have unwanted side affects client side.
The flinching occurs but you can still move, it will appear as if your character is sliding on the ground for half a second or so. The controls for movement are not blocked off during what would be stun time for clients, try it a few times in the server and you will see what I mean. These mods are stable and haven't crashed so far.

The animation for stun is triggered but clients can still move and it will have zero effect on a person under spawn protection timer (unless they fire a weapon which removes it). Here is the ODF I used if you want to try it yourself in a server:
imp_weap_inf_thermaldetonator_exp.odf

Push   = "0.0"
PushRadiusInner   = "4.5"
PushRadiusOuter   = "4.5"

Quote from: Josh on November 07, 2012, 04:19:51 AM
kit I challenge you to a game 4:00 central.
That is too early. I have school. So how's that getting xfire going along? It will really help with that kinda stuff becase during the week, I have no clue when I can be on at exact times.

Kishan beat me i dont have a pic he might. He did throw nades into my cp before i spawned and then trapped me but i guess thats all part of this tourney tactics with nades so I have no complaint. I challenge him again

November 07, 2012, 10:05:48 AM #187 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 04:52:52 PM by Josh
Sorry kit, I was thinking 4:00 central was 3:00 in california. But Norris, today might not work, I might be gone today. Norris im good at 5:25 central if that is a good time for you.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Sorry but I can't be on then. If I see you on xfire Kit I will challenge you again since you are 9th. Sorry Josh but its hard to schedule stuff between us atm.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: ComSharpshot on November 06, 2012, 07:07:43 PM
If you'd like Phobos I'd be glad to help you out with managing this tournament? :)
I appreciate the offer but that won't be necessary at this time.

November 07, 2012, 11:11:10 AM #191 Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:33:52 AM by Phobos
vixo it appears upon further testing, that sometimes the stun is working and sometimes not.

this is a bug and i will look into it. if all else fails nades will be removed.

this didnt start happening in the server until recently so i think maybe the push radius needs to be 0 also.

also nixo said the noname hacker has been getting in the server again can anyone confirm this?

I never saw a noname there
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Yesterday there was a noname when me and Kishan dueled also when me and Nixo dueled, i lost :P

Mart thats senseless :
The server has only 2 slots, if there was a noname only 1 more person could join...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com