Would you be interested in a Game Mode Extension?

Started by SleepKiller, October 01, 2011, 11:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you be interested in a Game Mode Extension?

Yes
8 (80%)
No
1 (10%)
Maybe
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

I'm considering making a Game Mode Extension for SWBF so I was wondering if people would be interested in it.

Game modes would include.
Team Deathmatch
Deathmatch
And more.

Giving swbf a new gameplay is sure interresting, i was thinking about how we could make a Capture The Flag mod like in swbf2 using vehicles or something...

Yes I've fiddled around with that and I can say that theoaticly it is possible (However differcult) to make CTF a SWBF1 gamemode.

Hi Sleepkiller,

Yes, please  :cheers:

It would also be a great benefit if you could make a starter tutorial (or point us to some) that explains how
to use SWBF2 scripts in SWBF.    ;)

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Are you releasing scripts or munged files?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I voted yes to a new type of game mode. I have to finish my choice university choice advantage training modules here at work. If you see me online in xfire call me and I will play.

Quote from: Buckler on October 02, 2011, 03:13:15 AM
It would also be a great benefit if you could make a starter tutorial (or point us to some) that explains how
to use SWBF2 scripts in SWBF.    ;)
Maybe if I get the time. But hers what you basicly need to do.

Make a new project find the addme.lua file copy and paste a shell script in their you think would be useful in SWBF1 press munge listen to the complaints the munger says and fix them. Then install the project and run SWBF. And see what happens. (More detailed one may be coming when my brain starts working properly again.)
Quote from: jdee-barc on October 02, 2011, 08:02:44 AM
Are you releasing scripts or munged files?
Munged at first with a possibility of source files later on.

Interesting prospect for certs... How would the AI react to it though? Or would this strictly work in MP?

Quote from: Syrion on October 02, 2011, 01:08:34 AM
Giving swbf a new gameplay is sure interresting, i was thinking about how we could make a Capture The Flag mod like in swbf2 using vehicles or something...
What do you guys thing?
If a flag has properties just like a vehicle so that when you chose to enter the vehicle the mesh model is you and the flag. The animations for the vehicle flag and you could be running around animations. One more thing the vehicle should have 32 or more slots so that when you and the flag are killed the deaths are many to alter the score by much. The ais would have to be programed so that 32 look to enter the vehicle. The fire power of the vehicle should be same as regular pistol and rockets of such as the regular troops so that it is similar battle in a vehicle or out of it. Also, when a vehicle is destroyed a new one spawns quickly in an assigned place. Maybe the vehicle could be tauntaun just to test the game play to see how it feels. One tauntaun and everyone runs to get it and capture cps. I want to test but have to work here at work. Will last few nights.

Quote from: Xfire Keenmike aka          cull on October 04, 2011, 10:53:43 PM
What do you guys thing?
If a flag has properties just like a vehicle so that when you chose to enter the vehicle the mesh model is you and the flag. The animations for the vehicle flag and you could be running around animations. One more thing the vehicle should have 32 or more slots so that when you and the flag are killed the deaths are many to alter the score by much. The ais would have to be programed so that 32 look to enter the vehicle. The fire power of the vehicle should be same as regular pistol and rockets of such as the regular troops so that it is similar battle in a vehicle or out of it. Also, when a vehicle is destroyed a new one spawns quickly in an assigned place. Maybe the vehicle could be tauntaun just to test the game play to see how it feels. One tauntaun and everyone runs to get it and capture cps. I want to test but have to work here at work. Will last few nights.

Like I said I tested it. And it should work but it would be a cheap version of CTF.

While your at it, do you think you could possibly try to do these two things for me

develop a random script (for random special units), if random things are allowed in SWBF1's lua (i've never been able to do such a thing)
develop a way to force players into turrets and/or vehicles if that is possible.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)