TRANSPARENT/INVISIBLE OBJECTS

Started by VEDROID E2-E4, August 10, 2011, 04:37:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible to create a TRANSPARENT OBJECTS? For example: a landmine is invisible (for 90%, as weapons in Counter Strike:   http://make-amxland.ru/modeli-cs-1-6/135-nabor-prozrachnyh-modeley-oruzhiya.html   ).

Yes, it is possible for some objects.  Some maps have transparent and semi transparent windows and things, like the windshield of a speeder.

I have seen a video of cloud city where the walls were replaced with semi transparent "windows".  I think your best resource is to take a look on gametoast for their tutorials.

Perhaps someone that visits here know how to do this, too.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

cull said there is a way to make things invisible by hex editing but hasn't explained the process

its quite a long process (not really) and takes some time, you can either use xsi or hexedit, you will need to add teh transparency flag, and apply an alpha channel to your texture

Like the Counter Strike picture, yes but only seen in the video led talked about. I have only tried to create stuff like that for troops clothes and fur.
See thru.
Quote from: Darth Verik on October 21, 2009, 02:26:33 AM
When im in cloud city whit a lot of lagg and im on the upper floor i can see true everything beneed me xD

August 15, 2011, 03:31:42 PM #5 Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 01:42:31 PM by VEDROID E2-E4
There is a picture: my testing of TRANSPARENT/INVISIBLE landmines :D . ...loading...process...

http://www.imagepost.ru/?v=transparentinvisible_object_sw.jpg

Well, there's Bespin platforms. Something-white-object is landmine. In this experiment I edited texture (alfa-chanel to 100% = transporent). Then convert  _.msh_ to _.obj_(used 3d obj.converter), edited in XSI for transporancy of shaders, after that exported to _.msh_(Pandemic plugin)...Probably I make mistake in XSI...But look at screen-shield. It is transporancy! What do you think about it? For learning...where do these texture (know that not one = because it move) and model (suppose it have invisible surface's shaders)...

heres a picture of my transparency test, the window wiht the blue is a window which u cant shoot out of but is transparent, on the left is a hole u can shoot out of

and hers a video of it ingame , if you want the object/xsi scene il upload it

(seems i made doorway too small, but since i made this in 2 minutes its not too bad)

But not like Counter Strike picture and not like the Cloud City video led talked about. I have seen the video but can't remember where in xfire videos.

Hi Mike,

I had the link, but the video got removed.

I think the different object types keep some things from being transparent.  For example, you can make a skin on a unit transparent, but the solid object underneath is still black or white, kind of like that picture of the mine in this post.

But I think that wall and floor textures are just 2-D objects, so setting them transparent can actually make them transparent, since there is no underlying solid object.

-Just my impression of how things work.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Long ago I tried to make some textures transparent kind of like the Counter Strike gun and knife. I gave up but now wonder how simple it is. The xfire video I think proves it can be done to almost any swbf model. I believe there are models already in the swbf1 mod tools that are transparent and think they have clues on how to make any model have a transparent texture.

:cheer:  I did it! The transparent/invisible landmine is ready! I used XSI: cut, deform and wrench(turn out) model of landmine - finally we can see "inside" part(side) of poligons -  and this give iinvisibility. Also new model need correct editing of pivot point.

Special THANKS to: Buckler (for solid objects), Bamdur ( for examples and convert-advises)

Results of research:
PLEASE SEE FULL SCREEN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YqlHac_r5c&feature=channel_video_title

If you are happy with that then good. But it is not like below.