Steam OSX References

Started by aeria., February 23, 2010, 10:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is 100% no BS, the new UI for steam (see new blog post) currently has icons and other files that are referenced for OSX. This is a huge hint towards native Mac Support of Steam!

In fact, there's a lot of speculation already on the Steam forums. Now all you Mac users may hopefully get the chance to enjoy Team Fortress 2!

Steam Thread:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1157656

Discuss. What are your opinions on Steam for OSX?

#TYBG

My opinion is this sounds awesome!

How would someone have a negative opinion on this?

Quote from: Red on February 25, 2010, 11:48:20 AM
I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS AS I AM PART OF THE PC GAMING MASTER BREED AND MACS HAVING THIS IS HERESY. I HAVE STRONG OBJECTIONS AGAINST THIS AS IT CONFLICTS WITH MY MORAL FIBER.

switch pc and mac, and this is exactly what macs said for PC's getting GR.
HA.

i think this would be awesome. MW2 would run much more smoothly on my mac partition imao.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Just a recent post by apple on facebook saying apple and steam are combining to bring gaming to apple and the ipad.

Quote from: Khyler on February 26, 2010, 07:19:59 PM
Just a recent post by apple on facebook saying apple and steam are combining to bring gaming to apple and the ipad.

HOLY 8%#*

Quote from: Khyler on February 26, 2010, 07:19:59 PM

Link to source....

#TYBG

QuoteComing soon to the world of Apple: A "Magic Trackpad", Valve's bringing gaming to the Mac with Steam, a hopeful iPhone software update, the iPad and apparently Steve Jobs has a project that needs $40 billion is cash reserves. That's a byte out of the Apple pie for you this weekend!
QuoteWe are a community of Apple users and/or Apple extremists/freaks :). Not affiliated with, owned by, ran by or even casually sleeping with Apple Inc.

Not officially announced by apple, learn how to properly source your information next time. It's an important skill you need to learn.

#TYBG

Did i say it was a real thing?
and they have other news linked, so what they post is legit.
im sure if you google this youll find it, but im happy with them saying this, as i wasn't even saying it was true or not.

You could have mentioned it was a fan page :/

idk if a 1GHz processor is gonna bring much of a gaming experience to a computer.  I like the iPhone and iPad games, but.... i figure you will need to create a whole new network of games to add Steam functionality to iPad.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

February 27, 2010, 10:19:10 PM #12 Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 10:20:52 PM by Aeria Gloris
I assume the Mac version (if it exists) would only have Mac versions of certain games available. Porting games takes an extremely long amount of time to do (it took a year to port cod4) so don't expect all the games to be Mac-ready.

The ones that I expect to be ready at launch are probably some Unreal Engine-based games, all Valve games, ports from Aspyr and Transgaming (some Ubisoft, Activision, and EA games), and a crapload of casual games.

We'll hear about a Mac version whenever Gabe Newell decides to announces whether there will be a Mac version of Steam.

#TYBG