IMPORTANT NEWS: PS2 Version has Additional Blue Bars on Cloud City

Started by SleepKiller, May 29, 2013, 03:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Today here at SleepKilling HQ I found something very important in the PS2 version of SWBF. On Bespin: Cloud City it has additional blue bars.

PC Version
[spoiler][/spoiler]
PS2 Version
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
You should now feel well informed. If you do not you can lodge a formal complaint in the replies below.

PS. I was out of town for a few days so if you sent me a PM or posted something that I need to respond to I will get to it soon.

PS2 version here we come. The lighting needs to be changed a bit too.
I love bespin CC, but when it's darker and with those glowy bar things, it's even more beautiful!

I can see why they removed them for looking so out of place. 

This is interesting but more importantly it makes we want to go and play splitscreen on my PS2 again. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

The bias in the industry is exposed!!!!

How dare the developers give such preference to the consoles!
I for one will not stand for this horrid transgression!

Has the PC and Mac gaming communities been nothing but loyal all these years? And yet we get this overt insult!

I demand equality darn it, I want to see those THREE WHOLE blue bars in my copy of SWBF or else.

/hark

Perhaps, creators, just release PC version first, and after few improvements, release it for PS2. They also add fighters for Naboo Fields, improve colors of Endor and Yavin, let co-pilots repair vehicles, when drive...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I hate how dark it is in ps2! Rhenver... that's why I only play mos on ps2, the empire sniper handle is also brown and the scope is the pistol scope instead of the sniper one.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 29, 2013, 10:01:15 AM
The bias in the industry is exposed!!!!

How dare the developers give such preference to the consoles!
I for one will not stand for this horrid transgression!

Has the PC and Mac gaming communities been nothing but loyal all these years? And yet we get this overt insult!

I demand equality darn it, I want to see those THREE WHOLE blue bars in my copy of SWBF or else.

/hark
Here is our reason to sue Disney.  :tu:
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: {212}Cnl.Com Johnis on May 29, 2013, 12:31:11 PM
Here is our reason to sue Disney.  :tu:
Because in their inescapable tyranny they went back in time and added those bars during production.

Quote from: Sereja on May 29, 2013, 10:16:56 AM
Perhaps, creators, just release PC version first, and after few improvements, release it for PS2. They also add fighters for Naboo Fields, improve colors of Endor and Yavin, let co-pilots repair vehicles, when drive...
It's interesting to think that the PS2 version of SWBFI could be superior to the PC version!

I actually noticed those a couple months back but didn't feel that it was worth a topic.  :D

Trust me guys the PS2 version isn't better than the PC version. The textures are low resolution. It has very few projected shadows. The models will be lower detail wise. As for the better lighting it was probably just the PS2's art director deciding it looked better than the plain lighting in the PC version.

Here is a list of differences I can think of.

PS2-
Slightly different maps
Has a few projected shadows, usually the vehicles
Utilizes SWBF engine's lighting system more
Lower resolution textures
Lower detail models
The HUD is really poorly implemented
PC-
Higher Detail Textures.
Higher Detail Models
Every model casts a shadow
Bump maps
Refractive and Reflective water
Poorly used lighting system
The HUD is implemented well

Well, the only bonus you are getting is better lighting really. (Which we can achieve via mods anyway.) I simply posted this in hopes it might give some people a laugh.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on May 29, 2013, 02:56:01 PM
Because in their inescapable tyranny they went back in time and added those bars during production.
ABSOLUTELY
BRING THE TRAITORS DOWN

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 29, 2013, 05:29:09 PM
Trust me guys the PS2 version isn't better than the PC version. The textures are low resolution. It has very few projected shadows. The models will be lower detail wise. As for the better lighting it was probably just the PS2's art director deciding it looked better than the plain lighting in the PC version.

Here is a list of differences I can think of.

PS2-
Slightly different maps
Has a few projected shadows, usually the vehicles
Utilizes SWBF engine's lighting system more
Lower resolution textures
Lower detail models
The HUD is really poorly implemented
PC-
Higher Detail Textures.
Higher Detail Models
Every model casts a shadow
Bump maps
Refractive and Reflective water
Poorly used lighting system
The HUD is implemented well

Well, the only bonus you are getting is better lighting really. (Which we can achieve via mods anyway.) I simply posted this in hopes it might give some people a laugh.
Sides are a bit different also but I think this is done to make playing with a controller easier.

The HUD seems the same to me, what do you mean implemented bad/good?

These differences also depend on your computer. As far as the vanilla game goes for my computer the PS2 is far superior.  ;)