Amateur Modding Contest

Started by SleepKiller, January 20, 2013, 04:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Greetings,

today I am announcing the first SWBFGamers Amateur modding contest. What are we defining as Amateur in this contest? Well someone who is not in the Master Modder group. (Unless your a Moderator in which case the odds are you just aren't in it because well your a moderator.)

The deadline is February the 28th. You have until then to make a mod or map that is really amazing. Put a lot of thought into design and gameplay. It should be fun and balanced.

The winner will be picked by a panel of judges or a poll. I don't really know yet, but that is not your concern yet. Now go and get cracking. Let's see some amazing mods come out of this!

Of course you made this the day I finished and released my side mod :/ I'm guessing that since it was released before you made this post that it is not able to be entered?

This is a great idea, I'll see what I can whip up.

Can I work with someone as long as they aren't a Master Modder or Moderator?

Quote from: Are§ on January 20, 2013, 04:56:18 PM
Of course you made this the day I finished and released my side mod :/ I'm guessing that since it was released before you made this post that it is not able to be entered?

I say, if you want to enter it, that go for it!
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Are§ on January 20, 2013, 04:56:18 PM
Enter it if you want, it is entirely up to you! You have over four weeks to make a new mod if you want or even add more to your old mod.

Quote from: Agent Z on January 20, 2013, 05:00:57 PM
This is a great idea, I'll see what I can whip up.

Can I work with someone as long as they aren't a Master Modder or Moderator?
Sure go for it. If the mod wins both people who worked on it will be considered the winner(s).

Any other questions guys just ask.

Haha fate you should have made a bad luck brian meme :p ; I might make a mod for this if I can find a program that opens the side pics, tgas etc.

Can I enter a mod I've made a while ago? Like my skin mod? Or does it have to be made in the last month...

Hmm i think i will have time to do something :D
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Looks like I have got in luck, I (FINALLY!!) got Common.lvl builder to work a few weeks back, and made some -rather awesome- particle effects for jetpack dudes and the RocketLauncher smoke trails.

I do plan on entering this competition.

Hehe, looks like I've got to come up with a good idea to submit.  ;)
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Just a little preview for you guys  ;)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Are§ on January 23, 2013, 06:59:37 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Whoa  :o That's beast  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 20, 2013, 05:51:14 PM
Can I enter a mod I've made a while ago? Like my skin mod? Or does it have to be made in the last month...
So SK? Cause if I can enter it then I'll enter it now...

Quote from: Are§ on January 23, 2013, 06:59:37 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Dude! That mixed with my common.lvl effects would be BEAST!

@Kit Fisto I would rather it be new mods since I want to see new content come out of this. If I let you enter one that is a few months old, everyone might do that. Thus defeating the purpose.

And a little note to everyone in general, if you have asked me a question recently. I am sorry if I haven't gotten to it. I am a bit more busy than normal. I will get to it ASAP.