Started by tirpider, November 10, 2012, 10:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
OverrideTexture compatible Rebel Pilot

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=825

tirpider - editing
Pandemic - source materials

A kitbash of the following:
SWBF1 all_inf_pilot.msh (Pandemic)
and the various tga's, .options, and lowres models that they came with.

This is a slight revision of the shipped asset. It is intended to be used as a base for future edits and/or as a replacement of the original.

The goal of this series is to give all the playable units OverrideTexture compatability for convienience in modding and side building.  A side effect is that it gives me the opportunity to address functional issues of some of the shipped assets.

I recommend keeping this and all the other "OTC" assets I'm processing, seperate from your original BFBuilder assets.  If I ship a broken msh and you overwrite the original with it, you will end up having to re-download the BFBuilder archive just to replace the model.  I try very hard to maintain 100% compatibility, but some I can miss things like anyone else.  Let me know if anything goes wrong, and I will try to help.

If you use the model and can't tell any difference, then I have done my job.

If you use this model in a side mod or map, then no credit for me is needed. Just be sure to thank LucasArts and Pandemic for letting us play with thier toys.

Changes:
- rebuilt indexed triangle and polygon lists for compatibility with my process. (they are identical tri lists now.)
- made OverrideTexture compatible
   - merged unweighted hands as SEGM's into main body MODL.
   - merged unweighted helmet as SEGM into main body MODL.
   - merged unweighted pack as SEGM into main body MODL. (lowres only)
     - created and adjusted weights of above unweighted pieces.
   - merged pack as SEGM into main body MODL.
   - renamed MODLs.

Possible future edits:
- make helmet override_texture2 instead of head, to allow for squadron insignia changes via odf.
- make a helmet with the visor down
- pack variations (could swap with rep, imp, or even vader's chest pack.)
- swap helmet and/or head for some kind of environment suit helmet?
- lots of possible variations for this one, as the Reb Pilot suit is kinda universal. I'll deffinatly do a variant pack of this one.
- Jet/Back pack?

To make use of the override texture, the following line needs to be in the unit's odf
(replace texturename with the name of your texture)
OverrideTexture  = "texturename"  // body, helmet, hands, pack
OverrideTexture2 = "texturename"  // head/face

I left the filename the same as the original as it is meant to be used as a replacement for the original.
It still requires the same tga as the original
all_pilot_HOTH.tga
all_face01.tga

Notes:
- revised the documentation template a bit.  If time permits, I may silently update previous releases.
-

-tirpider (tirpider@yahoo.com)
visit http://www.swbfgamers.com/

I'd like to thank George Lucas for the entirety of the Star Wars Universe.  It's evolution as a franchise is, in itself, an epic struggle and a tale worth telling. Through the victories and defeats your vision has suffered, we have all enjoyed and been inspired by it. Thank you.

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.  ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.

Now that Disney has purchased LucasFilm LTD, they deserve the same respect for IP as LucasFilm, LucasArts, and Pandemic. I don't have the legal phrase for it all, but if you are reading this, then you know what it means.  Don't misrepresent others work as your own and respect to sensei.