Issues with Common.lvl for crosshairs

Started by {212}FrenchFryZ, September 11, 2012, 06:54:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 11, 2012, 06:54:18 PM Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:05:30 AM by Buckler
Hey everyone out there! im havin trouble with my 7zip i downloaded and installed, and i cant find what to actully do so if you could help me out that would be great!
Thanks!

I am pretty sure you download and extract into Program Files. Try it.  :)

Quote from: Sha-Zam on September 11, 2012, 07:02:00 PM
I am pretty sure you download and extract into Program Files. Try it.  :)
I think i might have fixed it somehow idk but i had another quistion since im a noob :D What do i do with the crosshairs i downloaded i somehow got the 7zip to do something to it. i put it in addon(im such a noob) then it didnt work so i wanted to know what to do
Thanks!

Crosshairs don't go in AddOn. :slap:

Get the common lvl builder and read a crosshairs tutourial in the tutourial section of the site.  ;)

Lol you put it in your common lvl :rofl: if you need help add me : marttrooper , and i'll explain when i get home :P

Still confused  :o i dont understand what i really do so if u could explain i would LOVE U! lol k
Thanks!

Go to your Computer<Compaq(C:), which could be differnet yours could be Windows something<Program Files< Lucas Arts< Star Wars Battlefront<Gamedata< Data<_LVL_PC<Common<ENG< common. put it in there  :happy:      AND SAVE YOUR common just in case something goes wrong or you don't like your new crosshair

I'm home now, so I can go a little more in-depth...

Follow this link, please: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3840.0

If you have any questions, just PM me.

Quote from: {212}Mart on September 12, 2012, 04:28:02 PM
Go to your Computer<Compaq(C:), which could be differnet yours could be Windows something<Program Files< Lucas Arts< Star Wars Battlefront<Gamedata< Data<_LVL_PC<Common<ENG< common. put it in there  :happy:      AND SAVE YOUR common just in case something goes wrong or you don't like your new crosshair
HOLD ON
so i can just take the crosshair and just replace the common lvl with it?

The crosshair TGAs are in the common lvl, to edit them you need to download the Common LVL Builder. A crosshair is not a file that you simply put in your game, you have to put it in your common builder in the right spot and then munge.

What are you specifically wanting to do? Make your own crosshair or use someone else's? Someone might make it for you if you ask nicely.

Oh i thought he was downloading a crosshair and wanting to use it, i did'nt know he wanted to put his own in  ???

September 12, 2012, 06:06:40 PM #12 Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:04:09 AM by Buckler
Quote from: Sha-Zam on September 12, 2012, 04:55:52 PM
The crosshair TGAs are in the common lvl, to edit them you need to download the Common LVL Builder. A crosshair is not a file that you simply put in your game, you have to put it in your common builder in the right spot and then munge.

What are you specifically wanting to do? Make your own crosshair or use someone else's? Someone might make it for you if you ask nicely.
Well....Would u make me one Zam? PLEASE!!!!!! and i also had a quistion can u put nickchanger in it too when u make the lvl builder? well anyway PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

Quote from: {212}Mart on September 12, 2012, 05:19:58 PM
Oh i thought he was downloading a crosshair and wanting to use it, i did'nt know he wanted to put his own in  ???
I did want to download a crosshair to use but Zam said that i would have to use tool builder and im not really good at technology stuff yet so i asked him if he could make me one.

Well then download it, extract it, and put it in your common, how to get there i already explained in other post, don't forget to save the regualar crosshair in case you want it back or something goes wrong, make a new folder and drag your reg common into it, then put the new one in...if you still don't get it message me on x fire :P

Quote from: {Recruit}FrenchFry on September 12, 2012, 06:06:40 PM
Well....Would u make me one Zam? PLEASE!!!!!! and i also had a quistion can u put nickchanger in it too when u make the lvl builder? well anyway PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
What crosshair(s) do you want? Nickchanger is a separate thing, it has nothing to do with the common lvl builder.