SPTest Request

Started by Snake, May 31, 2021, 11:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've been searching around trying to figure out how to get SPTest to work but I can't figure it out. Instead I was wondering if someone who has it working would be willing to test out one of my old maps and see why it crashes.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=784

If you can I would appreciate it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Hey Snake,

It seems SPTest.exe wants to access a key in registry. Put the following in a file and name the extension .reg then run it.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\lucasarts\Star Wars Battlefront\1.0]
"CD Key"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"
It seems as it does not validate the key. Just tested on Win10.
Hope it helps.

Hmm.. I got further than before when I tried this but still won't start. The administrator window comes up then I click ok and nothing happens. I tried it in Win 10 as well as compatibility settings for XP.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I just Figured out how to get SPTest.exe to work with the new Game from steam (I do have the 3-CD version installed also).

I encountered a similar issue recently when getting the BF2 debugger to work with the game files from the (SWBFII) Steam update on Feb 9.

SPText.exe crashes for a few reasons.
1. It is incompatible with the new 'binkw32.dll'.
2. There are a few new functions and a new table defined in the latest exe (which are referenced in the new .lvls).

For the new functions & table, I modified 'shell_interface' and 'game_interface' to define them.

The incompatibility with 'binkw32.lvl' forced me to create another folder alongside 'GameData' which I called 'Debug'.

In the Debug folder I have SPTest.exe and the 2004 version of 'binkw32.lvl' in there; and copied 'eax.dll' & 'unicows.dll' from 'GameData' there too.

Then I make directory links to Addon and Data.

Then I can run SPtest.exe from the Debug folder.

I understand this can be confusing so I also posted the solution to the downloads here:
https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1594
I've included the modified lua source too.

You just have to place the 'Debug' folder next to your 'Gamedata' folder and run the included 'setup_Sptest.bat' file.

Quote from: BAD_AL on August 05, 2021, 09:28:45 PMI just Figured out how to get SPTest.exe to work with the new Game from steam (I do have the 3-CD version installed also).

I encountered a similar issue recently when getting the BF2 debugger to work with the game files from the (SWBFII) Steam update on Feb 9.

SPText.exe crashes for a few reasons.
1. It is incompatible with the new 'binkw32.dll'.
2. There are a few new functions and a new table defined in the latest exe (which are referenced in the new .lvls).

For the new functions & table, I modified 'shell_interface' and 'game_interface' to define them.

The incompatibility with 'binkw32.lvl' forced me to create another folder alongside 'GameData' which I called 'Debug'.

In the Debug folder I have SPTest.exe and the 2004 version of 'binkw32.lvl' in there; and copied 'eax.dll' & 'unicows.dll' from 'GameData' there too.

Then I make directory links to Addon and Data.

Then I can run SPtest.exe from the Debug folder.

I understand this can be confusing so I also posted the solution to the downloads here:
https://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1594
I've included the modified lua source too.

You just have to place the 'Debug' folder next to your 'Gamedata' folder and run the included 'setup_Sptest.bat' file.

And this is working with the 1.3? If so, it sounds great! Looking forward to checking it out when the download is approved.

Dude it's been so long since I approved a file, I forgot about it.
Fixed, should be able to be downloaded now.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on August 14, 2021, 05:28:43 PMDude it's been so long since I approved a file, I forgot about it.
Fixed, should be able to be downloaded now.

Thanks!

Also, BAD_AL's solution works perfectly, so we now have a way to use SPTest with Steam!  :tu: