Any luck getting SPTest to work in Windows 10?

Started by Teancum, February 02, 2019, 11:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm trying to get my Saleucami and Cato Neimodia maps working in SWBF1, but I can't get SPTest to launch. I've tried compatibility settings, etc (I do IT for a living, so I did all the tier 1 support stuff  :D )

Any other ideas? I thought about using a directX wrapper of some sort, but it doesn't even get that far into launching. It's like it crashes the instant you click on it.

what version of SWBF1 are you running?  If you are using Best of PC you might need the BoPC fix.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm running my old CD version. The game and ZeroEdit run fine. It's just SPTest

IIRC SPTest doesn't actually require the CD in the drive like SWBF2_ModTools does. So it's strange that it wouldn't boot up at all if SWBF itself launches fine.

I'd also assume you're running it from within the same folder as the game exe.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Yep, just like I did back in the day. I got Saleucami to load in SWBF1, though, so at the moment I'm not overly worried.

Hey Teancum, I had the same error after my main HDD crashed.  I installed Windows 10 on the new drive and then SPTest wouldn't work (I had everything important on another drive).  Have you tried reinstalling the game?  I reinstalled from my CDs and it seems to have worked.  It must be looking for specific registry entries.

I tried everything else, but when I'd click on it, it would flash and then close, and the VS debugger was no help at all.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.