Re: SWBF Custom Map Review

Started by Mac, January 25, 2009, 12:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Probably not for this place, but I heard Napseeker did a six-units mod once.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: "ggctuk"Thanks, Napseeker. That map was one of my favourites for BF2, now I can play it (still trying to figure out how he managed to port it - BF2 terrain files cannot be opened by BF1 or its editor)

AFAIK, there is no terrain used in the Jedi Temple map... so that part would've been easy (no terrain = no work :) ). The problem was solely with the collision (or lack thereof) from what I remember and having to hack together a fix for that using invisible objects overlayed with where the visible map objects are.  That's basically what I did too when I added some additional collision fixes to their map in JvC (but the way I did it was way, way more tedious and if I ever finish that $%!#! mission map tutorial someday, you'll see what I mean).

The "six-unit mod" you are probably thinking of is in JvC and just an experiment that wasn't entirely successful.  You could theoretically have way more than just 6 units per team... what I was hoping to do was give each person (playing multiplayer) as many as 20 different units per team (i.e. 40 total different units on the map) but sadly this hack only works in SP.  It crashes when you play it in MP, which defeats the entire purpose of what I wanted.   Anyway, go to JvC and you'll see a "Jedi hero" or a "Sith hero" as one of the unit choices.  You spawn as the hero dispenser and can then spawn up to four heroes on the map.  So in that sense, you can pick from four "standard" units and four "hero" units => 8 different units for that team.  It's a hack/trick, and a fun experiment, but not useful for most mods/maps.

Ah, I heard it was a hack, but I wonder how you managed it...
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Okay, I've upload JvC 1.0 Final to my filefront site and you can update the dead link for JvC on page1 using this now:

http://files.filefront.com/JvC+10+Final ... einfo.html

Thanks Napseeker!
I'll fix the link in a few minutes.

... and thanks MacGenius. :)

Two additional maps added to the list.
DulC and fel01

enjoy!

The "Empire vs Clones" maps are down.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Filefront is bad about deleting files, guessing that it was on Naps, he has so many files you would think they would leave it alone >_>
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

They usually queue files for deletion if they are not being downloaded or something, the author can prevent it as a message will appear on their file page.

yeah, they do.  You will also get an email telling you that they are due for deletion. Just follow the link on the email and check the box! Easy as pie!

Added GamC, version 3.0.

Note: I reached the 60000 character limit, so I had to remove the version 2.0 map. I left the version 1.0 GamC map because it is a totally different map layout/cp design than either 2.0 or 3.0, and 3.0 is very little different than 2.0.
From here on out I'll have to remove maps to add new maps. I'll start by removing older versions, and 1 star maps, etc..

Actually i can split them into another topic, with a second post stopping the limit so you shouldn't have to remove any map that you don't want to
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time