You tell me…

Started by Kit Fisto, August 22, 2012, 08:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yes, it's look's like totaly new game HUD's! You broke many HUD limit's this time.
Interesting, if you will make some other "concept-art" hud variations?
I am sure real CP's still stay green :P.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Regent on August 24, 2012, 01:37:31 AM
HUD-y HUD HUD.

The health is represented by the silhouette of your character; which drains and changes color depending on how much health you have. The map is also far more detailed, and look there! The friendly CPs are blue rather than green!
That would be an interesting HUD but all the graphics and the way the trees look betray the game was made in the early 2000's.

August 24, 2012, 07:21:10 AM #17 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:34:55 AM by Regent
Quote from: Sereja on August 24, 2012, 02:04:16 AM
Yes, it's look's like totaly new game HUD's! You broke many HUD limit's this time.
Interesting, if you will make some other "concept-art" hud variations?
I am sure real CP's still stay green :P.
I didn't make this, it is a screenshot from the first Trailer of SWBF1.
As that HUD was once possible on the "Alpha" SWBF, it may be possible to replicate in modding.

I asked about changing the HUD once. Here's the response

Quote from: TeancumPsych0fred told me once that the entirety of the UI was farmed out to another company. He said the HUD was a collection of images that were either tied to lua or to hard code. He thought it was hard code. When SWBF2 came out Pandemic created their own HUD configurations.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Hey I was looking through the cut content page and I saw this Tantive IV skin which is waaaaaay cooler than the SWBF2 one and I was wondering if anyone had made it yet? It looks like they combinbed the SWBF1 heavy trooper and urban soldier skins...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Oh and on lots of the preview movies of SWBF2 and various alpha screenshots they all use SWBF1 skins and how they hold their weapon etc.

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 25, 2012, 09:06:48 AM
Hey I was looking through the cut content page and I saw this Tantive IV skin which is waaaaaay cooler than the SWBF2 one and I was wondering if anyone had made it yet? It looks like they combinbed the SWBF1 heavy trooper and urban soldier skins...
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Oh and on lots of the preview movies of SWBF2 and various alpha screenshots they all use SWBF1 skins and how they hold their weapon etc.
It looks terrible and not at all like the movies to be perfectly honest.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 25, 2012, 02:51:01 PM
It looks terrible and not at all like the movies to be perfectly honest.
Ok your opinion. And I thought you didn't like the movies...  :P

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 25, 2012, 02:52:00 PM
Ok your opinion. And I thought you didn't like the movies...  :P
That skin is definitely rubbish and it just uses the default Vanguard model, there's pictures of that guy all over the instruction manual too, go check now!

Ok, ok, ok. Fine the skin is bad. Moving on, jdee were you going to try and recreate the alpha geonosis?

Ya the Vangaurd skin dont look to good reminds me of when i get sick to the stomach!!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Regent on August 24, 2012, 01:37:31 AM
HUD-y HUD HUD.

The health is represented by the silhouette of your character; which drains and changes color depending on how much health you have. The map is also far more detailed, and look there! The friendly CPs are blue rather than green!

It may only be just a picture, but it looks like they did better with explosions later on. Infact, I think HUD is way easier and better to understand than the current one. I'd much rather have it. does anyone know where it's possible to get it?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: kitfisto15678 {GLT} Commander on August 23, 2012, 06:26:06 PM
Here are some pictures of theed, and if you really look the only thing I see that is different is that the ground is different and the gate by the "Palace" CP isn't there. So really the one in the game is a better version then the pre-alpha!  :o

Pretty cool! No?
Here is one of Geonosis, for some reason I couldn't get the other pictures attached so you will just have to go to the link.

LINK: http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Cut_Content
Near the bottom...

These maps... Even if they were changed I still wouldn't believe if it was PC version. suprisingly on my belief of that, these pics look much better to me than the current battlefront. Nice blue jet, but it would look better in red or black :P
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Maybe the collection of modders here at SWBFGamers could "restore" the Alpha version that we can see in these pics. It would be an interesting mod..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'm working on a Geonosis map for my mod that I want to be as close to the Alpha-build version as possible. I'm not gonna do a Naboo map since I'm not very good at maps with urban settings.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 30, 2012, 02:26:58 PM
I'm working on a Geonosis map for my mod that I want to be as close to the Alpha-build version as possible. I'm not gonna do a Naboo map since I'm not very good at maps with urban settings.
Ohh that will be cool!!!
Would you be able to release it aside from your mod as a "preview" of your mod?  ::)