You tell me…

Started by Kit Fisto, August 22, 2012, 08:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So for some reason I felt like watching the SWBF1 trailer, now watch this and you truthfully tell me that you didn't want to put in your game disk and launch SWBF right then and there!!! ( lol maybe it's just me!  :shrug: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a_R6uzN2AE&sns=em

I didn't want to put in my game disc right then and their. It actually made me want to get a hold of that pre-alpha/alpha build of the game really badly.

theed geonosis and dune sea in that vid look awesome

I concur with sleepkiller.

This thread is giving me déjà vu.

This thread is giving me déjà vu.

How about now? :P

Lol, that geonosis does look really cool and I've found some pictures of the map layout if anyone ever wanted to try and rebuild it. Basically it had the techno union ships and the spire switched and there was no derelict prop. It could be a cool setup but I can see why they changed it. The techno union ships would get destroyed really fast and the CIS would lose pretty bad due to bleed. But if someone re-made the map but removed bleed…  :happy:
I guess that was only me that wanted to play swbf immediately after because I haven't had time to play recently.  :D

I'd like to see the layout.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Here are some pictures of theed, and if you really look the only thing I see that is different is that the ground is different and the gate by the "Palace" CP isn't there. So really the one in the game is a better version then the pre-alpha!  :o

Pretty cool! No?
Here is one of Geonosis, for some reason I couldn't get the other pictures attached so you will just have to go to the link.

LINK: http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Cut_Content
Near the bottom...

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 23, 2012, 06:26:06 PM
Here are some pictures of theed, and if you really look the only thing I see that is different is that the ground is different and the gate by the "Palace" CP isn't there. So really the one in the game is a better version then the pre-alpha!  :o
Why exactly is it shocking that the one that shipped would be better than the one in the alpha/beta or what ever the heck build?

It's not so much shocking as that the people who say "Oh that looks better than the actual game" and "Why did they change that!" to counter their argument. Sorry if I wasn't clear...

I think I guessed a more or less accurate layout of the alpha/beta version of the geonosis map.

Here's a poorly drawn (in mspaint) diagram of what it might look like. Note that I didn't put where all the props (rock formations and turrets etc) and vehiclespawns are, just the Republic cp, the technounion ships, and the Spire, with a large battlefield and cp in the middle under the wreckage (like in the stock map).

Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

August 23, 2012, 10:38:11 PM #12 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:40:54 PM by Phobos
Quote from: jdee-barc on August 23, 2012, 08:52:53 PM
I think I guessed a more or less accurate layout of the alpha/beta version of the geonosis map.

Here's a poorly drawn (in mspaint) diagram of what it might look like. Note that I didn't put where all the props (rock formations and turrets etc) and vehiclespawns are, just the Republic cp, the technounion ships, and the Spire, with a large battlefield and cp in the middle under the wreckage (like in the stock map).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I think this would be fun if the droid were given MTTs that spawn from the spire along with the regular vehicles and IG-88s instead of droidekas lol.

HUD-y HUD HUD.

The health is represented by the silhouette of your character; which drains and changes color depending on how much health you have. The map is also far more detailed, and look there! The friendly CPs are blue rather than green!

August 24, 2012, 01:41:10 AM #14 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:44:30 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Regent on August 24, 2012, 01:37:31 AM
HUD-y HUD HUD.

The health is represented by the silhouette of your character; which drains and changes color depending on how much health you have. The map is also far more detailed, and look there! The friendly CPs are blue rather than green!
That is one epic HUD. I wonder if one of the common scripts controls x and y axis coordinates for interface textures. What controls the friendly CP being blue or green?