Great Galactic War 3

Started by Yankee, March 18, 2009, 01:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello Everyone, this is Yankee coming here to ask all clans in the Mac Community to please consider joining the Great Galactic War #3. I will explain the General idea of how the Great Galactic War works so you get a general sense of things.

First, there is a map to the Galaxy made of all the different planets that the war will be fought over. Each planet could have 1 to 3/4 different maps on them, depending on which planet it is. During the Great Galactic War #2 we used 2 Maps per planet, but in #3 that will change, and more planets will be added, meaning more maps.

Secondly each clan will be granted one map in the galaxy in the beginning of the war, and one clan per planet. Each map can hold a specific number of "Soldier Points" [SP] (in the GGW2 each map could hold 7 SP, this may change in #3).  Each clan will produce a specific number of SP each week based on how many maps and planets they own.

Any clans can ally themselves with another to help destroy the other clans and they can share maps and planets. Allies can also help by sharing planets which will increase the Map limit of SP by 1 and also by helping provide Soldiers during the battle if the clan that is attacking/defending does not have enough people online at the time of the battle. The whole point of the war is to eliminate all opposing clans and to control the galaxy. An alliance can become victorious, or an individual clan.

Battles will be fought every week on friday's and saturdays, and the plans for the week (where you are going to attack and where you are going to place your SP that week) are due on Wednesday by midnight. It would mean alot to me if some of the clans from here would join the Great Galactic War #3, or you all could combine to form a mega clan to participate, you could call it MPC. :)

Anyways, i am sorry if i confused anyone, but if you have any questions, send me a PM and i will be glad to answer them. Many PC clans will be participating including my clan of _(VS)_. Also if you would like to see how things are run or want to take a look for yourselves, you can visit the current Great Galactic War #2's site which is as follows:

www.freewebs.com/theggw

Also i will be talking to the Administrator of the site (Sky) to see if i can get the MPC matches run on DC servers so all the players can participate, or if he can Port forward his router so he can host them himself. If anyone knows a lot about port forwarding, please send me a PM explaining it in detail so i can relay the message to Sky. Thank you for your time,

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

Sorry for the Double post, but this is a speech made by a Great Galactic War Official that wanted me to post this so that you know that the Officials of the GGW want you to join as well, not just me :P

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

Yes, I am so up for this! Can't play Friday's though  :?

Want to play, but fridays are bad for me as well

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Fridays are also bad for me but I would really like to join.

#TYBG

You can request battles for certain times and days, even in extreme cases they will have battles on Sundays, but that is rare. But you can request battles to be on Saturday tho. Also the times they normally play are from 5-9 on Fridays and Saturdays. That is EST of course.

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

Sounds great! You can probably count BHF in :)

Great to hear. If you think you might participate, please go to the site i listed above and post in their Guestbook expessing your interest in the GGW3. Thanks for all the interest  :cheer:

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

Mmm, interesting.

Sounds like fun, let us know if we can do anything to help!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

I so want to do this, but fridays are bad for me too.

BHF now means: Bad Hon (silent H) Fridays.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate