Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection

Started by Giftheck, February 21, 2024, 06:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Features both the first and second games, plus DLC. Will release on Steam, PS4, PS5 and Switch.

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Saw it a few minutes ago!!! Great that the classics return to consoles, I have a special nostalgia for the PS2 version. :)
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

I'm happy to finally be able to play these games on the go (I'll be buying on Switch). I am curious what the modding situation will be, though. I don't consider this affecting my plans - my mods target the currently-existing versions - but it would be nice to know whether modding will be possible in these new versions.

Also, the PC version is being reported as needing 50GB free space. The games originally don't even take up half that.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Thats what im saying! Lol each game was like 4 or 3 gigs big. What the heck is the other 40 gigs being used for?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

February 21, 2024, 09:39:14 AM #4 Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:45:12 AM by Unit 33
the pc release is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

I can only presume that 50GB is something to do with the changes like 64 player games?
Seems a lot though!

it will be so nice to see filled up servers again after all these years...

i only really wanna know if theyll update the previous steam versions or we have to buy it again lol

I'm optimistic they'll do a good job and only change background things to get it working, nothing gameplay related. This could be a very good 20th birthday present. For the game not for me sadly 😉

Not a chance of a free update I don't think.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I have seen that in SWBF1 they will only add Tatooine: Jabba while in SWBF2 some of the maps that were originally in the first game will be available (such as Rhen Var).

It would've been great if they included some SWBF2 maps in SWBF1 (if Aspyr sees this I invite them to use my assets and make it happen  :P ) or just brand-new maps. Maybe this could come in future DLCs.

Quote from: hellish hellbird on February 21, 2024, 10:31:53 AMi only really wanna know if theyll update the previous steam versions or we have to buy it again lol

Good question.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: hellish hellbird on February 21, 2024, 10:31:53 AMi only really wanna know if theyll update the previous steam versions or we have to buy it again lol
On Steam it is being sold as a single combined game. So I don't believe it's replacing the originals.

There's a 10-20% discount for owners of the originals.

Quote from: Unit 33 on February 21, 2024, 09:39:14 AMthe pc release is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one!

I can only presume that 50GB is something to do with the changes like 64 player games?
Seems a lot though!

it will be so nice to see filled up servers again after all these years...
It's most likely the 50gb thing is some placeholder thing

February 22, 2024, 03:50:00 AM #10 Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 03:52:10 AM by Giftheck
One big thing to note: there's absolutely no way they have two separate builds, and there's absolutely no way they're using the PC spawn screens for console, especially given that the PC spawn screens are unwieldy af on PC, let alone trying to navigate them with controllers.

Which likely means we're getting the console UI for PC.

And that means goodbye to the 5 unit limit for SWBF1.

I would honestly contemplate abandoning modding the older versions just for that.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I would be interested to learn what version of multiplayer netware they will use  :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Giftheck on February 22, 2024, 03:50:00 AMAnd that means goodbye to the 5 unit limit for SWBF1.

This would most certainly be awesome, but I had been under the impression that expanding the unit limit required hacking the .exe. Wouldn't that still apply?

Reunion games anyone? ;)
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Ty294 on February 22, 2024, 05:49:42 AMThis would most certainly be awesome, but I had been under the impression that expanding the unit limit required hacking the .exe. Wouldn't that still apply?

The code for the console spawn screen is quite different to the PC version. The limit doesn't appear to exist, or at least not as restricted on the console spawn screen.
In Progress:

On Hold: