How Add The Feature "Exit To Windows" To The Escape Menu In MultiPlayer?

Started by Phobos, October 27, 2011, 03:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I hate to brake it to you mate but he was not apolgizing to you.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 09:50:16 PM
I hate to brake it to you mate but he was not apolgizing to you.
I am modtester, which is who he was referring to, and he was apologizing for saying that "drag in" was an inappropriate assumption.

So "brake" not "break" it to me some more :cheer:

i was trying to stay on topic and to keep a productive conversation going here. but this is getting too confusing for me. and yes i was apologizing on my poor choice of words :P.

@sleepkiller: this guy has like 20 different user names
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Oh, okay. And just so you know if you were not so mean and caught up in your ways with me I would shere my little secret with you but seeing as you always seem to hate me I think I'll live up to what you call me so I don't make you a lier :) .

Quote from: jdee-barc on October 30, 2011, 09:58:16 PM
i was trying to stay on topic and to keep a productive conversation going here. but this is getting too confusing for me. and yes i was apologizing on my poor choice of words :P.

@sleepkiller: this guy has like 20 different user names
Well I'm glad someone wants to contribute productively toward the thread objective. The first step to accomplishing the secondary goal is to achieve the first. We cannot fix the crash until we have the button in the menu. I do not see any justification for restricting the community from knowing how to add this feature, so as soon as I am able to add the exit to windows button to my common.lvl I will post the process in the first post. Anyone who helps will be acknowledged for such.

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 09:59:55 PM
Oh, okay. And just so you know if you were not so mean and caught up in your ways with me I would shere my little secret with you but seeing as you always seem to hate me I think I'll live up to what you call me so I don't make you a lier :) .
I don't believe in keeping these things secret, you never display the intention of sharing, but expressing that you know. You have fun keeping this small facet of knowledge from as many of us as you can for the short time you will be able to, but I am willing to share the deathmatch source code with anyone who wants it, just contact me. Or I can make a thread for it, and we can all discuss possible variations to it. Bamdur was the first person to discover deathmatch source code too, from what I hear. I'm so caught up in the ways of sharing modding knowledge that you could be worried I might accidentally forget to include your name should you decide release the method. I'll try my best not to forget crediting you if you change your mind.

that's enough, guys, c'mon.

offtopic: i just love this emoticon, don't you => :bonk:
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Ontopic:
This is my single-player escape menu. The bottom button I want to add to my escape menu for multi-player. I know the .script files in common.lvl control this function to a great extent. I'm asking anyone who knows how to add this to post the process of how. That is the main purpose for this thread:

Quote from: Phobos Developer on October 30, 2011, 10:05:23 PM
I don't believe in keeping these things secret, you never display the intention of sharing, but expressing that you know. You have fun keeping this small facet of knowledge from as many of us as you can for the short time you will be able to, but I am willing to share the deathmatch source code with anyone who wants it, just contact me. Or I can make a thread for it, and we can all discuss possible variations to it. Bamdur was the first person to discover deathmatch source code too, from what I hear. I'm so caught up in the ways of sharing modding knowledge that you could be worried I might accidentally forget to include your name should you decide release the method. I'll try my best not to forget crediting you if you change your mind.
Actaully Bamdur learnt the source code from me I shered it with him when he asked.  Fun Fact: I think you may have broken the same rule up to three times in this topic.

And if you promise to be nice to me under pain of ban I'll shere my little script with you. :)

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 30, 2011, 10:16:30 PM
Actaully Bamdur learnt the source code from me I shered it with him when he asked.  Fun Fact: I think you may have broken the same rule up to three times in this topic.

And if you promise to be nice to me under pain of ban I'll shere my little script with you. :)
I think you have broken more rules in this thread than you did in the battlebelk one. Your relentless trolling and insults are always directed at derailing the thread and targeting me because you are basically trying to get the thread locked with the question being unanswered. The admins will only put up with so much of your thread sabotage efforts. I'm trying to be nice to you by offering you credits for helping in any tutorials I may write that would address this issue. I'm sorry if i broke any rules trying to keep the thread on topic.

Everything seems to revolve around these script files.

actually sleepkiller i had tested that before you sent me the source code and it had worked, but say that if you will. modtester/phobos what everyone else is sayign is correct swbf was designed to have the socket connection maintained during playing and if interupted produce bad results another reason why they dont have that. on many computers alt f4'ing during playing can be fixed by control alt deleting and ending swbf process but its a pesky thing to do.

oh and sorry for double posting but to solve this thread this is how you enable it. go into common.req
and remove "ifs_readyselect" well it appears it only works for single player, but after only testing for 5 mins its reasonable.