Execution at Geonosis 2 (beta) - just pics, just pics...

Started by Napseeker, November 04, 2010, 11:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: gogo12 on November 05, 2010, 03:16:34 AM
I remember one time when i download one of your geonosis arena maps and there i find when you play whit remotedroid and when you click the right mouse button after few seconds comes gunship from the sky then crush to the ground and kill droids.That was amazing and i am really curious how you do that.This was just amazing!Is there will be something like that in this version?

Yes, Obi-Wan now has a similar weapon to the Clone Commander.  When he throws his homing device onto the ground, it will signal his Jedi Starfighter (piloted by R4) to come down and crush any enemies at that spot.  The damage done by the starfighter is smaller (and covers a smaller area) than that done by the gunship so you have to be sure the enemy isn't going to run too far away when you toss it.

@Nikoli: I would wait to see the anims in EAG2, you may not necessarily see these as ideally suited to your mod as you might from just static pics.  The process was a kludge and may not really work with a mech mod IMO.  I can get you the AT-ST skeleton if you do want it regardless.

@SchTicK: my TFU mod was going to be partly a mission map of JK's Felucia ported map from BF2 along with some new custom maps made by me. You probably already saw a small preview pic of it last year (it had my TFU "jungle" Shaak-Ti along with the Rodian jedi (Jedi + Greedo = "Jeedo" is his name :) ) and some 327th Star Corps troops as well as the Felucian warrior). That may not happen now just due to time constraints which is another reason why the playable Acklay and Rancor are coming out in EAG2 instead. I want to make sure those assets that I worked on actually get used in one of my mods somewhere...

late post to this topic, but this map looks amazing and a better looking map that have came out recently! glad there is still great modders out there!! :tu:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Quote from: Xfire Keenmike aka          cull on November 06, 2010, 06:15:07 AM
Thought to ask, the Felucian Warrior has not been playable in a mod map yet, yes?

No, not yet... would still like to release that TFU mod/map someday so he will be "new" when that does come out (along with the custom jungle Shaak-Ti and a few other new TFU-based units).

(Thanks Fire)

looks awesome! is this availabl for download onto macs yet?

Quote from: CT-5108 on November 13, 2010, 06:47:08 PM
looks awesome! is this availabl for download onto macs yet?

Not even available for PCs yet  :P... (okay, the maps are platform neutral so PC and Mac would be the same thing either way...)

oh no, i don't think when i play this i'll be able to stop.

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

I always thought I'd never be able to stop playing SWBF! And with maps like these, there's no question about it! It looks so amazing! I've had fantasies about rancors every since the first time it dropped me twice and the camera angle switched! (i got free from the sarlacc pit too.) This is so awesome! I think I'll gonna have a heart attack! :panic: It's unspeakably great!

Looks like I'm gonna have to go dust off my SWBF CD, this map looks great! :tu:

I've never fought against rancors before, are they hard? :o

Newest one!

Quote from: Kelle on November 19, 2010, 08:21:22 AM
I've had fantasies about rancors every since the first time it dropped me twice and the camera angle switched! (i got free from the sarlacc pit too.) This is so awesome! I think I'll gonna have a heart attack! :panic: It's unspeakably great!

lol you've had fantasies about rancors?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

What I mean is the extended possibilities and flexibility of the rancor rather than it just standing in a cramped room all by itself. How often has this happened --> :sleep: and then dream about playable rancors. But that would just be a dream/fantasy. This map would be like a dream come true! Even now at this very minute I'm working on a movie which includes a lot of rancor footage. I WANT LEGIONS OF RANCORS!

Quote from: Kelle on November 20, 2010, 09:39:39 AM
What I mean is the extended possibilities and flexibility of the rancor rather than it just standing in a cramped room all by itself. How often has this happened --> :sleep: and then dream about playable rancors. But that would just be a dream/fantasy. This map would be like a dream come true! Even now at this very minute I'm working on a movie which includes a lot of rancor footage. I WANT LEGIONS OF RANCORS!
I can honestly say ive never dreamed of Rancors, but this is an awesome map gw

Just a reminder (before all this Rancor love gets out of hand) that you mostly just walk around when you pilot the Rancor, there's no arm movements whatsoever, so you can't grab or smack anyone or have them for lunch.

Other than a scattershot vomiting of blood and guts at your foes, it's been designed to be a giant walker that mostly annoys the soldier units rather than wiping them out.  Same goes for all the beasts, since I don't want the gamers to beat the map just by hopping into a beast.

For a soldier unit to kill a beast, it is difficult, especially if you're a Jedi. Lightsabers won't do any harm since the collision here is off (if it did work and were realistic, those beasts would be dead with one swing of the saber anyway, not much fun there). Grenades are the most effective and the CIS battledroids have plenty of those in case you, as a Jedi unit, decide to pilot one of the beasts.

I should note that for the first time I've given the Jedi a grenade-type weapon (which can be used to attack the beasts). Previously I didn't want to give Jedi actual grenades since we all know they don't use these in battle ever. Still, it felt unbalanced not to give the Jedi something which they can toss at the enemy and have it "explode". The new "grenade" is the Jedi training ball (seen in Star Wars ANH, when it zaps Luke as he is training with the blastshield helmet).  The padawans and some Jedi Knights carry it - throw it at your enemy and the ball lands on the sand. Half a second later, the training ball levitates into the air and begins firing green zaps in every direction. Unlike in the movie, the enemies don't get poked when hit, they're killed :)

Similar to the Jedi training ball, I've also given them a mine-type weapon also. Here the Jedi tosses the training ball onto the sand. Instead of immediately levitating into the air and firing away, the ball will sit there until an enemy comes close and once it does, THEN it levitates up and starts firing. So it acts like a mine in essence.

Oh my that training ball sounds epic, reminds me of JK2 !

Wow, this sounds great. When is it coming out, because I'm gonna be all over it.
You can run, but you'll die tired.