SWBF War - Week 1- Battle for Rhen Var

Started by Breakdown, November 01, 2010, 11:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Burning Sun on November 07, 2010, 09:15:18 PM
I think we need better hosts because the map crashed

That was because of the excess of chatting going on. Buckler has one of the best hosters around and if he crashed pretty much everyone will when put under the same conditions.

Scores up.....I know why we lost guys....I was in first for our team :)

good game all hope your ready for the rebel comeback next week!
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I feel bad that I didn't see this I would have tried to help you guys out.  :'(

If you guys are ready for another shot at it, just give me dates and I'll be there for the next one. I can get pretty busy modding but I usually never have to do that much in order it miss some thing like this.
photobucket limit image removed

Wow, What was Heavy doing all battle, hiding?

I think it's evident who the people pulling vehicles for the Imps were.  ;)

If this tournament was to be played by the way intended to, its false.

Posted by: Rinku
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:03:59 PM » Insert Quote

My favorite part of the match was when phobos took the tank up on the hill and started shooting us rebels lol, it was crazy genius.

Thats a bunch of bs if you believe it -.-

To all of you complaining about restrictions or lack thereof:

Breakdown has clearly stated what the rules are. This game is played anything goes. There are no restrictions on what is allowed and what is not, beyond those stated in the first post of any match topic. In this case, the only rules were:
- No glitching
- No switching sides
- No whining
- No negativity towards server ("LAG!")
- No TKing
- Have fun

If you wish to impose your arbitrary restrictions on gameplay, you are more than welcome to do it in tournaments or events that you organize, and I will defend your right to do so in those advertised on my site. However, whatever rules you may use internally do not have a bearing on this tournament and complaining about them will serve no purpose other than to get you booted off the tournament.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: Burning Sun on November 07, 2010, 09:15:18 PM
I think we need better hosts because the map crashed

lol

A hung-up server has nothing to do with my internet connection, I assure you.  Unfortunately, I was not able to participate in the tournament, or be at home when it occured.  Otherwise, I may have been able to care for the server.  When I got home, I was able to connect and play harbour.

I have previously hosted DC's every weekend for more than a year with at most one or two problems.  So, issues are generally very rare.

In any event, feel free to step up and be a host!

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

alright if going on a mountain and shooting down getting cheap shots are allowed breakdown someone else can have my spot.

Posted by: Breakdown
« on: November 07, 2010, 05:34:55 PM » Insert Quote

We're playing this as the game was meant to be played.

appearently not.

Quote from: Jamman on November 08, 2010, 05:25:03 PM
alright if going on a mountain and shooting down getting cheap shots are allowed breakdown someone else can have my spot.

Go for it. It's part of the game, and you can do it in the game without severe cheating so it's allowed.

Well there will be things that you like in a battle and things you dont like , the game is meant to have fun in not something worth whining over after the batttle. If anything we should thank BD for organizing another MPC tounament , hope to be there next week!   :moo:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Quote from: Fire on November 08, 2010, 06:42:46 PM
Well there will be things that you like in a battle and things you dont like , the game is meant to have fun in not something worth whining over after the batttle. If anything we should thank BD for organizing another MPC tounament , hope to be there next week!   :moo:

[/agree]

Quote from: Fire on November 08, 2010, 06:42:46 PM
I concur.

From what I recall, spawn rape had a softban (trust system; we never banned it but for the most part we didn't abuse it too much) and it never really was an issue. Same applied to CP mining and other forms of unfair spawn rape. I was very surprised that it did become an issue this year.

The only thing I recall was people complaining about lag, which is inevitable for a game like SWBF.

I guess we could do a classic "Dea1, maz1, da1, cc, platforms" setup to eliminate the issues of vehicles. I am sorry to hear about it.

#TYBG

i dont really care what we do , just want this tournament to go on and have fun  :tu:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire