League of Legends

Started by TarnishedWit, July 15, 2010, 05:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Who plays it?

For those who don't know:

LoL is essentially Warcraft III's Defense of the Ancients (DotA) redone and improved on, made by many of the same developers behind the original DotA. I find it very fun just as a good way to kill a lot of time quickly.

Aside from simply battling it out in the DotA-like arena, there is a large metagame going on outside the games, where each player is a "summoner" and battlesd with champions that are either available that day, or that you purchase from the LoL store using Riot points or influence points. Riot points are bought, influence points are earned by battling.

In this metagame, your win-loss-leave record is kept, and summoners move up in levels as you win more games. Many advantages exist in progressing through the metagame, including runes that allow for more abilities, and spells, which give you in-game healing, moving, or attacking benefits.

More info: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

So...anyone play, or at least know what I'm talking about?

I know what ur talking about ;).  Never played it though...seen people play it, but I prefer DotA over it, even though I have stopped playing DotA cause my battlenet account was hacked and I can't join anymore :(

I played HoN during beta, but then I quit b/c the community sucked. (Although the reddit one was OK) I could be talked into buying that if you guys played it. LoL, however, doesn't support mac.

LoL isn't bad :D I don't play it though
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

Quote from: Blade on July 15, 2010, 06:20:31 PM
I played HoN during beta, but then I quit b/c the community sucked. (Although the reddit one was OK) I could be talked into buying that if you guys played it. LoL, however, doesn't support mac.
Yeah thats the bad thing about LoL, which is why if I do anything warcraft related I will playe DotA...
Speaking of DotA...XD had to post it lol.

Semi Troll^

Still, lol, love that song :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD