NEW MAP-SKY

Started by DarkHunter, October 27, 2018, 07:34:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi men, now I have a problem about to change the map sky. the Predetermined sky of  the map appears with yavin sky, and even though I change the sky archives from Kashyyyk data folder, when play the map, that appear with yavin sky. help please

I'm not a SWBF2 skilled modder, but I think I can help you with this as I have worked on some map conversions from this game ported to SWBF1.

It's possible that the default sky is displayed because you haven't renamed the .sky file to the name of your mod, or there's some attribute which is wrong.

Another possibility is that at the moment of copying and pasting the files from the Kashyyyk Data Folder you've forgotten to copy any file. In almost all .sky files there's a main texture "sky_MapName.tga" and also some dome model files that require a .msh next to their .tga texture in the same folder. If I remember correctly, these files which depend on the main .sky file must be in the same folder as the .wld file.

I hope it works for something.
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Quote from: Red04 (CC-4398) on October 27, 2018, 08:48:26 AM
I'm not a SWBF2 skilled modder, but I think I can help you with this as I have worked on some map conversions from this game ported to SWBF1.

It's possible that the default sky is displayed because you haven't renamed the .sky file to the name of your mod, or there's some attribute which is wrong.

Another possibility is that at the moment of copying and pasting the files from the Kashyyyk Data Folder you've forgotten to copy any file. In almost all .sky files there's a main texture "sky_MapName.tga" and also some dome model files that require a .msh next to their .tga texture in the same folder. If I remember correctly, these files which depend on the main .sky file must be in the same folder as the .wld file.

I hope it works for something.

ok man. but I have to change only the name of Sky archive to "ABC.sky", or I have to change all the names of diferents archives?

October 28, 2018, 03:55:28 AM #3 Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 04:02:35 AM by Red04 (CC-4398)
Quote from: DarkHunter on October 27, 2018, 01:48:15 PM

ok man. but I have to change only the name of Sky archive to "ABC.sky", or I have to change all the names of diferents archives?

Only rename the .sky file. The rest of files which comes together don't need any name changes.

Edit: if you're not sure what files you need to copy, open the .sky file with a text editor and look for .tga and .msh file names which are around the code (note that most of .msh files requires a .tga file which has a similar nomenclature to the first ones).
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)