Behind enemy Lines (1.0)

Started by (Wusi)Trooper X, October 14, 2014, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Behind enemy Lines (1.0)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1181

Creator: gogo12
Description: From Original Web Site:

gogo12 makes a return with the latest and last in his Republic Commando maps. This one presumably takes place on board the Geonosian core ship that you have to board at the end of the first world. It's a very good rendition, and the amount of work it likely took to make this shows greatly.

The map itself is well designed. Corridors, floors, and assorted objects fit together well and don't have many connection errors at all. There are several objects from SWBFII maps that have been retextured and repurposed by the author- the rexturings look authentic and well done, as well as those retextures of custom assets. The map has a corridor like layout- there are several large rooms connected by tight, maze-like passages. This is a very close-quarters fighting map- there is no sniping to speak of and most fights are done up close and personal. There are also a few droid dispensers scattered around, which act as spawnable points for the droids and can be blown up by the clones. Bots are well pathed, and know where they are supposed to go- they are intelligent and will go after the targets they need to, such as CPs and the aforementioned droid dispensers. In one or two places, there are collision errors allowing you to get out of the enclosed map and wander around outside, hacking merrily away. However, these places are few and far between (I only noticed one) and are minor blemishes on an excellent map.

There are some new units- the CIS has a droid with unlimited blaster ammo and the Republic has a clone commando unit with a rifle, sniper, and pistol. There are no jet troopers on the map for the Republic, having been replaced by the commando. There are also some kolto tank props in a few of the rooms- step into them and they will heal you up. There isn't a minimap, which would be helpful in getting around more easily and might be a good thing to add in any possible future versions of the map.

Overall, this map is excellently done. It is well planned, well made, and overall just plain fun. Apart from a few minor gripes, there are no real bugs to impair your enjoyment. If you have the original SWBF, then this map is a must-play. If you like the screenshots or it seems interesting, give it a download. It's well worth your bandwidth.

-Jedikiller

How to Install: Open file with 7 zip or WinRAR and place the folder named BEQ in your AddOn folder. The AddOn folder is located most of the time here C:Program Files (x86)LucasArtsStar Wars BattlefrontGameDataAddOn
Need to tell me anything about this file just leave a comment!
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"

This is one of my favorite maps atm for fighting zombies.

Quote from: Phobos on October 15, 2014, 08:03:50 AM
This is one of my favorite maps atm for fighting zombies.

Yeah its a great map to play one of my favorites too.
History Guy! "Oh without the history..."
Archiving Guy! "Mods are Amazing they make you play the game, even when you cant play online!"