Easter Eggs

Started by Ultimo, March 25, 2014, 02:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
**NOTE: This topic is not about the upcoming Spring/Easter season celebrated by many.

Over the past few days, I've gotten into a Frenzy over easter eggs in games. You know, the unexpected surprises developers add to games that usually are not a part of the game itself.

There's some hilarious easter eggs out there, and as it turns out, a lot of the ones being discovered by gamers recently are coming from Grand Theft Auto V. It just so happens that the game has a reoccurring alien theme which has lead to the discovery of 4 easter egg UFO's now and an alien frozen in some ice under a bridge. Ghosts, random developer faces, and even a giant beating heart connected by chains in the middle of the Statue of Happiness (which is like statue of liberty for GTA5) are just a few of the others.

Out of all these easter eggs, yet I myself have not seen one at all in Star Wars Battlefront. Am I missing something? Are there any easter eggs? Please tell me! I must know! :panic:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Here's an SWBF Easter Egg for you and your starter for ten: Stormtroopers can be heard whistling the Imperial March on the Naboo campaign map. Other easter eggs include references made to the fates of Maul and Jango Fett: "Look, it's Jango Fett! And he's brought his head with him!" "It's Darth Maul? What's he gonna do, bleed over us?"
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I suppose the most extensive video game Easter Eggs were the ones Treyarch built into the COD: Zombies series, but that jumped the shark a long time ago.
But it was really good stuff when fresh, check it out if you want to lose a few hours.

But what about real life easter eggs, ay?

Number Stations are pretty interesting!

The next time you tune a short wave radio (as you do) you may be lucky enough to come across at least one of these broadcasts.
They are generally musical motifs followed by a robotic voice reading out long lists of numbers (code)...
And here's the crazy bit, they've been around for about 60 years and are probably used for anything from espionage to poaching operations.

Entering the username as JubJub makez the user jawa sized.

Oh wait... yeah. I thought this topic was familiar.
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7358.0

Quote from: UNIT 33 on December 01, 2013, 11:51:25 AM
.There is a medical droid hidden under the gazebo type structure on Cloud City.
.Ammo Drops actually say 'Ammo' on them in Aurbesh.
.The Aurbesh on Rhen Var contain various jokes and references, apparently one says 'Rhen Var is cold'.
.Supposedly there is a phallic-looking building on Mos Eisley, but I think some people just have dirty minds.

There are some easter eggs in Borderlands 2, like Minecraft creepers.

Max the demented-looking bunny makes an appearance in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.  Twice.
Aurebesh translations (Hopefully they are right, I never checked for accuracy)

In movies...
C3P0 and R2D2 make appearances in Indiana Jones.
R2D2 is in a recent Star Trek movie.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

In Spartan Ops in Halo 4 there are RvB Easter eggs in each chapter, to activate them you have to shoot a hidden radio in a level and to know it worked it will play the RvB Gutiar Intro, what it normally does is change the speech track to have the RvB cast in it, here's a clip of one: http://youtu.be/Do-2RJbz048
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on March 25, 2014, 06:11:29 PM
R2D2 is in a recent Star Trek movie.

Side note, he actually appears in both of the Star Trek films. :P