How does this look?

Started by Roxas, January 08, 2013, 07:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's for my iPod Touch (2nd Generation).

Front:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Back:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I like the back but I'm not too crazy about the  front. In fact, I like this front better:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Opinions?

January 08, 2013, 08:39:19 PM #2 Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:43:02 PM by aeria.
Since I wrote a whole massive critique and the whole thing got lost because I got timed out...

Cliffnotes version: Fix the font and/or background color so that it's easier to read (the dark red clashes with the black, font's a bit hard to read in the first place too), fix the placing of it so that it doesn't scrape the edge so much (the A is a bit cut off), brush up the arms a bit since it's already illuminated compared to the body, maybe see if you can fill the top where there's all the blank space with a background, even a simple gradient could make a difference.

I'm digging the first front. The second one is also good but it looks like an image was plotted there. The cut down the middle's noticeable. It's less noticeable on the bottom of it but looking hard enough I found that line again. Try to clone-stamp that squiggly line so that it blends in with the darkness on the left side of the cover. As for the top maybe reverse the gradient to make that line not look so harsh. Not the best fix that is very tricky when there's a full head in the way.

Those are my opinions.

Source: I've taken visual design for 2 years so I know a FEW things. Not saying I'm a talented designer but from what I've learned, those things came into mind.

#TYBG

It looks pretty cool! Did you make it yourself?

Quote from: {212} Nixo on January 09, 2013, 09:24:30 AM
It looks pretty cool! Did you make it yourself?

All I did really was mess with the size on Photoshop and merge it with a duplicate. I want this badly. Am I the only one seeing the white lines cutting through it? I've uploaded it in other places and it doesn't have those.

Very groovy. I have just plastered mine in stickers.

Quote from: Roxas on January 09, 2013, 03:39:02 PM
All I did really was mess with the size on Photoshop and merge it with a duplicate. I want this badly. Am I the only one seeing the white lines cutting through it? I've uploaded it in other places and it doesn't have those.
I have never found a place that you can make a cover and then (I pressume) send it to a company and they will make it

I personally would choose this case
[spoiler][/spoiler]

But if it were Anime related, I would try to find something relevant to Code Lyoko, Sym-Bionic Titan, Casshern Sins, or Fairy Tail.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: aeria. on January 08, 2013, 08:39:19 PM
Since I wrote a whole massive critique and the whole thing got lost because I got timed out...
There is a button for not logging off^^
Nice job Roxas, neat looking.