SWBF a dying community? I think not!

Started by Norwood, July 14, 2014, 07:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I actually dont hate anyone here. That sounded nice for me to say.
Nothing is written here...

July 14, 2014, 07:19:57 PM #16 Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:21:56 PM by Ltin
Quote from: Gamma on July 14, 2014, 07:16:45 PM
I actually dont hate anyone here. That sounded nice for me to say.
Don't worry, I'll hate you if you want.
aeria, I agree with norwood, if you aren't here for swbf in some way, why are you here? This is a community for swbf. If you want to play cs, go to a cs community.

I'm here to troll people. Also because this is my roots :P

I'll be here until Led bans me from doing something really stupid.

Also why are you talking about SWBF dying in a General forum you silly.

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on July 14, 2014, 07:38:21 PM
I'm here to troll people. Also because this is my roots :P

I'll be here until Led bans me from doing something really stupid.

Also why are you talking about SWBF dying in a General forum you silly.
Actually we're talking about how generally, it's not dying.

Oh come on be real. This is a SWBF related topic. Patriot posted it here instead of the SWBF forum so that it'll get more attention. I used to do the same thing back in the day.

"Hey look let me ride on these bunch of dudes to get free internet points."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on July 14, 2014, 08:28:52 PM
Oh come on be real.
With all due respect: No.
In all some seriousness, y u no put in right place

Even if MP was truly dead, and there were no clans or tournaments, there would still be a handful of modders continuing the push the boundaries. Thanks to everyone who has supported the modders of SWBFGamers and our quest to continue adding more content to this amazing game. Fred would be proud of us if he still played. Many say that SWBF died when gamespy died but this is inaccurate. PLA, UEF, FC, and other clans continued to host servers on Tunngle and now GameMaster. In order for a game to be completely dead there would have to be: No active clans or servers running + no new SWBF videos on youtube + complete inactivity on the modding forum.

So yeah I would agree that SWBF isn't exactly a dying game. I also agree with Carbon27's statement that "The only way SP is playable is though mods. Once the modders retire, goodbye SWBF." However I am optimistic that SWBF1 will still be alive for more than 2-3 years from now. It's been around for 10 years now, I think it has a few to go still. Words also cannot express how glad I am that Sereja is still modding.

About the insulting and bickering you might see in public servers: I have released a mod that completely disables ingame chat. It is like playing in 'mute mode'. It works well in servers where you don't give a fly what people are saying and just want to play. As Aeria says there are better games out there to play with larger communities, but I haven't found a game where the modding is anywhere near as fun as SWBF1.

July 14, 2014, 10:50:28 PM #22 Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 10:52:06 PM by aeria.
At least Phobos makes sense here instead of trying to circlejerk. :moo:

I can't believe that moo emote is still available after all these years.

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on July 14, 2014, 10:50:28 PM

I don't think anyone's made SWBF's current staus out to be sunshine and rainbows.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on July 14, 2014, 11:21:58 PM
I don't think anyone's made SWBF's current staus out to be sunshine and rainbows.

A bit subjective if you think about it.

#TYBG

I believe the community will stay alive because I highly doubt that the new battlefronts will be mod-able. And let's face it, there is no possible way it could have EVERYTHING we could possibly want in a batlefront game, DICE may have the best tech in the industry, but they are still only human. Sure, I have confedence that the new battlefront will be a great game, but it won't be perfect, nothing is. Which is why, at the very least, the modding community will survive. Sure, it would be awesome to see, say, the KotOR era on the frostbite 3 engine, but it probably won't happen. But at least we can try to make something as close as possible in SWBF1 or 2, or maybe our unity game. So if the online community doesn't survive, the modding community will. 

Quote from: aeria. on July 14, 2014, 08:28:52 PM
Oh come on be real. This is a SWBF related topic. Patriot posted it here instead of the SWBF forum so that it'll get more attention. I used to do the same thing back in the day.

"Hey look let me ride on these bunch of dudes to get free internet points."

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Your absolutely right in saying that this is now in the wrong topic, I wasn't sure where  should put it, however; the original purpose of this has been destroyed so I think it is time to end this discussion.

Exactly Phobos, this community is still very much alive, but I don't think removing chat is a going to solve anything, especially if there are still servers with chat. And  for one would hate playing in a mute server.
Quote from: aeria. on July 14, 2014, 10:50:28 PM

What does a moo emote have to do with this? ;)
Quote from: CommanderAwesome on July 15, 2014, 08:34:36 AM
Sure, it would be awesome to see, say, the KotOR era on the frostbite 3 engine, but it probably won't happen. But at least we can try to make something as close as possible in SWBF1 or 2, or maybe our unity game.
Interesting ideas CommanderAwesome. Thank you all for your comments, as I stated at the beginning of this post, I ask that this discussion be closed, as no good is coming from it.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

:moo:

I will continue to tell people to not bother making silly "SWBF is dying/not dying" posts. The SWBF community has been saying so since before some of its members were even born. Bahahah

Don't take it personally Patriot.

#TYBG