Bandwidth

Started by BlackScorpion, September 24, 2012, 04:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 24, 2012, 04:01:16 PM Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:07:57 PM by BlackScorpion
Okay, so my school's networking policy allots each student just over 100GB of bandwidth a month across various devices (so that my computer and my Xbox both use the same source of internet)--I'm wondering how much bandwidth is taken up by playing Star Wars Battlefront?

I don't know who taught your school the meaning of the word bandwidth but if they truly have 100GB bandwidth I believe they have the fastest internet in the world. I will however presume they mean your data allowance, I can safely tell you that through average playing of SWBF you won't use up 100GB in a month. Just keep checking up on it and monitoring your usage, if it is running low stay away from downloading any big files or streaming video.

September 24, 2012, 05:07:40 PM #2 Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:44:31 PM by Buckler
To give you some perspectives:

-all PLA servers use about 500 GB per month

-At home, I use between 30-90 GB per month, and it only gets up to 90 GB when I stream a couple of hours of movies/TV per day.

So if you play 20 hours a week, I suspect you would only have maybe 5 GB per month in Battlefront.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on September 24, 2012, 05:07:40 PM
To give you some perspectives:

-all PLA servers use about 500 GB per month
I use between 30-90 GB per month, and it only gets up to 90 GB when I stream a couple of hours of movies/TV per day.

So if you play 20 hours a week, I suspect you would only have maybe 5 GB per month in Battlefront.
That's right Buckler, you must pay and arm and a leg for your internet service!

The servers we rent are about $27/month, and we can host 5-6 PC servers on them.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Would you be able to host a Mac server for gameranger using that same server?  :happy:

Well Kit, first of all, for hosting u need to do the port forward :P
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Actually I can host gameranger games without doing that. Odd. :confused:

I don't even WANT to know how much data I use in a DAY...