BF1 Dual Pistol Animation

Started by Rayce, March 17, 2014, 12:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, I am working on a side mod and I would like to include the dual pistol animation like this:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/swbf-unleashed/videos/geonosis-hunt#imagebox

How do I include it? Or were the assets released? (Just the models & animations, not the whole weapon)

Unfortunately the dual pistol animation does not work in BF1
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Sleep Killer has gotten dual pistol anim to work before I think, you might try and ask him. (I do believe it was some geonosis map).

It's totally possible to have dual pistol animations, just not without replacing the old one completely.

Yea unless you have the anim from a mod from it (Ex. BFX Assets) and your a master of anim changing you ain't gonna get it in BF1... BF2 on the other hand it's extremely easy only need the anim and the weapon ODF (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit newish to it)
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Well, he used some very impressive tweaking but it didn't necessarily work like it's supposed to. I suppose SK can help with that if he wants.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 22, 2014, 06:47:15 PM
Sleep Killer has gotten dual pistol anim to work before I think, you might try and ask him. (I do believe it was some geonosis map).

It's totally possible to have dual pistol animations, just not without replacing the old one completely.
Quote from: Snake on March 22, 2014, 06:41:00 PM
Unfortunately the dual pistol animation does not work in BF1
What are you talking about of course it does.

Also did neither of you look at the video he linked? Go watch it and pay attention to who posted it.

Anyway, sorry it took me so long to reply. I often forget to when I can't write a reply immediately. And then just forget to completely. (If you're one of the people who I've forgotten to write a reply to bug me about it via PM and I'll try to get around to it asap)

I'll try dig up the assets from my old computer soon.

Firefox kept not loading the page, so I just gave up and responded to this (knowing it was possible anyways).
--
If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up with dual pistol handling animations? I don't suppose you created them in XSI and wrote how you did it by any chance? :P - Though I suppose I could just take a look at the stock animations in XSI and see how they're built.

The assets are released in gametoast. All you have to do is munge the .msh files with the bf1 .bats.  I think in bf1 you might actually have to replace an animset to get them working.

EDIT: sereja has done it in some of his maps. He even added the wampa animation in his kashyyk map.

PS: sleepkiller you might want to add an _upper to the end of the doublepistol_stand_shoot.msh if you can. that way it wont make his legs go all stiff. Thats how you would do it for bf2 at least.

Quote from: MileHighGuy on March 27, 2014, 09:30:09 PM
The assets are released in gametoast. All you have to do is munge the .msh files with the bf1 .bats.  I think in bf1 you might actually have to replace an animset to get them working.

EDIT: sereja has done it in some of his maps. He even added the wampa animation in his kashyyk map.

PS: sleepkiller you might want to add an _upper to the end of the doublepistol_stand_shoot.msh if you can. that way it wont make his legs go all stiff. Thats how you would do it for bf2 at least.
I don't know anything about munging animations. And which of Sereja's maps had dual pistols? (I've played all of his BF2 conversions)

Sorry I was talking about him adding new animations in general. I don't think he added double pistols specifically.

March 28, 2014, 11:17:49 AM #10 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:20:21 AM by -RepublicCommando-
I do believe our good fellow meant that Sereja had replaced animations with others not used beforehand, not necessarily dual pistol firing animations ;)

Edit- Oops, we posted at the same time, lol
-- But yeah, he's done loads of animation swapping. It's a nice change to have new animations to run around like a chicken with your head cut off in front of your friends online.

March 28, 2014, 11:45:02 AM #11 Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:04:57 PM by CommanderAwesome
Quote from: MileHighGuy on March 28, 2014, 11:17:30 AM
Sorry I was talking about him adding new animations in general. I don't think he added double pistols specifically.
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 28, 2014, 11:17:49 AM
I do believe our good fellow meant that Sereja had replaced animations with others not used beforehand, not necessarily dual pistol firing animations ;)

Edit- Oops, we posted at the same time, lol
-- But yeah, he's done loads of animation swapping. It's a nice change to have new animations to run around like a chicken with your head cut off in front of your friends online.
Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT
I've looked on this site and gametoast and I only found a SWBF2 tutorial for munging animations, is it the same process for SWBF1?