Cloud City Originally had 7 CPs in Development

Started by Phobos, June 05, 2010, 09:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 05, 2010, 09:25:02 PM Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:29:08 PM by blue bunny
 :censored:

Where was the drop zone located? maybe it was like an LZ?

I remember this, there's a health bot and ammo bot in the middle of nowhere.

Quote from: Master Zen on June 06, 2010, 12:39:17 AM
I remember this, there's a health bot and ammo bot in the middle of nowhere.
Are you talking about the health bot under the city?

There's lots of things they changed. Lots of CPs in the localization keys that aren't in the game. Bespin Platforms had loads. Originally there were supposed to be two destructible extractors there.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Yeah you can definitely tell cloud city is unfinished, there's so many buildings beyond the CPs that are just standing there for no reason.

A drop zone CP sounds pretty cool too.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Yeah it's a bit interesting to explore and see how unfinished this game really is. Cloud City was nothing like what we all saw in the original movie, and the map ingame was very obviously unfinished, especially in Zero Editor.

#TYBG

Unused content doesn't mean something's "unfinished." All it means is that - as with every game ever made - more content was made than there was a practical use for. Extra CPs (if there were any at all - a localization key doesn't mean anything) could simply be removed for balanced reasons after having already been put in.

Quote from: Maveritchell on June 06, 2010, 11:04:07 AM
Unused content doesn't mean something's "unfinished." All it means is that - as with every game ever made - more content was made than there was a practical use for. Extra CPs (if there were any at all - a localization key doesn't mean anything) could simply be removed for balanced reasons after having already been put in.

We must also take in consideration when SWBF was made.

The original game has 4 cds. (Which is what I have.)

Maybe they cut out part of the map because the file was too large. A lot of maps have vacant rooms when you go out of bounds in them.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

most of those vacant rooms in cloud city are just buildings they added to make the city boundaries more defined and so that you couldn't see out of the city

This opens the door to the map idea nexus shows in his screenshots. He clearly made an effort to allow his game to take specific camera shots at buildigs you have to see for yourself. Extra cps means more fun for anyone that wants to be in those unique locations. Which includes me.