Lag mod?

Started by Kit Fisto, August 04, 2012, 03:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I was wondering if there is a mod already made that reduces offline lag. I don't want to bother anyone with requests since I've done that to almost everyone on this site.  :slap:
Something that, idk, makes really low resolution, lower than 800 x 600. Or anything else. I am currently using sk's endor lowerz and Phobos' plains twilight/ reduced lag. Along with the lowest possible settings.

Note: This is not a request for something new, just asking if there is a mod already made that helps Offline lag, cause that really annoys me...
Thanks

offline lag is aka graphics lag. best thing to do is get a better vid card and cpu, but there are other options.

read thru some of these pages
http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_1.html
http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_5.html
http://www.tweakguides.com/SWB_6.html

also try playing 800x600 in windowed mode. make shortcut to main game exe, in the properties field type /win at the end of box.

I wouldn't say graphical lag is it. Heaps of factors can determine the performance of a game on a computer. For starters you don't have more programs open than you can handle? What are your system specifications? 

SWBF is an old game, and has great functions (Turning off shadows, down scaling textures, etc) for running on pretty much any PC.

Quote from: Buckler on August 04, 2012, 03:31:10 PM
or Macs  ;)
I suppose that is technically true. But Mac or PC they use the same components the only thing that really separates them could be that Windows is an NT kernel and Mac's are based off a Unix one.

So here are the specs: I'm on a Mac laptop.

Model Name:   MacBook
  Model Identifier:   MacBook2,1
  Processor Name:   Intel Core 2 Duo
  Processor Speed:   2.16 GHz
  Number Of Processors:   1
  Total Number Of Cores:   2
  L2 Cache:   4 MB
  Memory:   3 GB
  Bus Speed:   667 MHz

Graphics too!

Chipset Model:   GMA 950
  Type:   Display
  Bus:   Built-In
  VRAM (Total):   64 MB of Shared System Memory
  Vendor:   Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:   0x27a2
  Revision ID:   0x0003
  Displays:
Color LCD:
  Resolution:   1280 x 800
  Depth:   32-Bit Color
  Core Image:   Hardware Accelerated
  Main Display:   Yes
  Mirror:   Off
  Online:   Yes
  Quartz Extreme:   Supported
  Built-In:   Yes
Display Connector:

I always play 600x800 and windowed. I never run any other things when playing. Playing with all settings on low helps a lot but some maps still lag offline.   :'(  I'm sorry to say but getting any new graphics card etc. is out of the question because it is my dad's computer. 8)

CPU is good and I played on a PC at lowest settings with that much video memory. How much ram do you have? Your not running programs in the background are you?

August 04, 2012, 04:02:44 PM #7 Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:28:04 PM by kitfisto15678
My dad recenently upgraded the RAM so now it's really fast! ( itunes used to take 10 seconds to open, now it takes not even 2! ) I couldn't find out how much it was by looking in the settings. And no I don't run other programs in the background...  :) could using a bluetooth mouse  cause any type of offline lag?

EDIT: could this be it?

Processor     2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory        3 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

2nd EDIT: Hey I'm an Advanced Member now!!!

Hey Sleepkiller, you said you played on a pc with lowest settings and that much video memory, did any maps lag offline due to brush etc?

Hmm Interesting post.
Kitfisto, I think I have what u need, so plz message me (Bcuz right now im @ the mobile and I cant find the video)
Cya :)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

August 04, 2012, 05:50:24 PM #9 Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 06:04:54 PM by Phobos
maybe your PC needs to be dusted out. that can cause alot of lag/overheat. also check power supply unit

My mac is well maintained so I don't think that could be it... it is a laptop

Quote from: {U.E.F}Immortal Anyder on August 04, 2012, 05:48:11 PM
Hmm Interesting post.
Kitfisto, I think I have what u need, so plz message me (Bcuz right now im @ the mobile and I cant find the video)
Cya :)

if you send him lagfix.bat I will ban you forever
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on August 04, 2012, 08:53:00 PM
if you send him lagfix.bat I will ban you forever
Do .bat files even work on OSx?

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 04, 2012, 09:07:12 PM
Do .bat files even work on OSx?

No, but anyder doesnt know hes a Mac
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 04, 2012, 09:27:10 PM #14 Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 09:36:26 PM by kitfisto15678
In my account I'm gonna put "I'm a Mac" so that everyone knows.  :tu: And Buckler I did read that the lagfix.bat thing was a trojan or virus or something like that. Thank You for putting that topic up. I probably would have tried it. Again thank you.  :tu:

So anymore ideas for this offline lag problem that has haunted me for years! ( Well not years, I did get the game about this time last month so  8) )