Featured Star Wars Battlefront Map: Rhen Var: Bridge

Started by Kit Fisto, December 04, 2012, 05:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 04, 2012, 05:31:10 PM Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:28:03 AM by Kit Fisto
                                                                     FEATURED MOD MAP#1

Rhen Var: Bridge

Developer: SWBFnewguy99

I chose this for the first SWBFgamers featured mod map because it is probably one of the most underated custom maps. It is very fun online and offline. It is a challenge to constantly fight on 2 fronts to hold your ground and not get flanked! You can use various stategies on this map and I strongly recommend trying it out! Really! Give it a download! Try it against a friend with 32 AI!!

Pictures!
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

RHEN VAR: BRIDGE
Plus be sure to get this new mission.lvl created by Led to make the map feel even more complete!!
LED'S PATCH

-Kit Fisto

looks great  :D Good idea for featured mod map Kit. There are so many maps here its hard to tell which to get. This will solve that  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Neat map, I wouldn't have chose it as a featured map though.

I'll give this a try later. I'm too lazy to download it right now lol.

Same...I will try this out this weekend.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I'm glad some of you will try t! It really is a great map.
The purpose of this was for me to tell you guys about underated or not-very-well-known maps. :)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 04, 2012, 05:31:10 PM
FEATURED MOD MAP#1

Rhen Var: Bridge

Developer: SWBFnewguy99

This is a fun map. One of my favorites.
As you advance, capturing c/p's, the baddies are right behind you doing the same.
I think the challenge to it is to win by getting all the posts with as many survivors on both sides as possible.

I can't imagine the insanity of a full server with this one.
Lots of respawns from the valley floor, I imagine.

It's a great map for Darktroopers and Rebel Pilots.
Oh and anything that explodes will send your enemies hilariously into the bottomless pit.

In GCW it gives the units the snow gear/look. I like it because it makes the map feel WAY more complete! :)

Maybe this isnt the topic or the moment to say this, but why isn't Kit Fisto Master Modder ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on December 06, 2012, 10:20:24 AM
Maybe this isn't the topic or the moment to say this, but why isn't Kit Fisto Master Modder ?
??? He doesn't exactly have that quality (no offense Kit), very few people are ever worthy of that title.. And Skin mods and ideas don't exactly make you the best modder on the face of the planet...
If you truly understand how much other advanced modders do their work, you would definitely get your answer fast. (again, no offense Kit)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on December 05, 2012, 06:20:41 PM
In GCW it gives the units the snow gear/look. I like it because it makes the map feel WAY more complete! :)
So, if i use leds patch and use the map in multiplayer, will other people be able to play it without the patch?

Quote from: Ltin on December 06, 2012, 02:49:57 PM
So, if i use leds patch and use the map in multiplayer, will other people be able to play it without the patch?
Sadly no. But just include the patched version in the mappack for the game night!  :tu:

Quote from: Anyder on December 06, 2012, 10:20:24 AM
Maybe this isnt the topic or the moment to say this, but why isn't Kit Fisto Master Modder ?
Well I'm flattered, but as RC pointed out, my ideas/mods are nothing compared to other's contributors.  ;) I really do suck at modding and Led and SleepKiller can tell you that I spent hours with them on xfire to get simple things to work. :XD:
Besides, I don't mod anymore and I think my most "usefull/productive" mod was the LoweResolution map replacements. Even then Tirpider did half the work.  8)

And on a different matter, did you guys like how I presented the featured map? Would you like ratings? What would you like me to do differently, if anything? ( Don't suggest maps to make featured though  ;) )