Thoughts on New EA "SWBF3" Beta?

Started by TheGangstarTY, October 08, 2015, 11:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 10, 2015, 10:43:46 PM #15 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:22:04 PM by {Alpha}Drunken_Master
I finally got the chance to put on the headphones and play.  I played on my kid's account.   :cheer:

I like it!  It was super intense!  This was the intensity that I remember feeling when I first played Doom back in the 90's, then later BF1 . Then Bioshock!   I was able to figure out most commands (with the kids helping) fairly quickly. 

My thought was that the reason BF1 is so amazing is that it is slower yet includes the opportunity for so much strategy.  It reminds me of another slow famous game: chess.  Chess is slow, can be played without much training, yet to be an expert requires incredible ability.     

Doom and Bioshock were intense but not strategic.

This new game is amazing.  I will play it  like I did during the excitement of Doom.  I still like chess and Battlefront 1.

edit: not to offend, there was some strategy in the old games. I just mean on  a different level

Quote from: {Alpha}Drunken_Master on October 10, 2015, 10:43:46 PM
edit: not to offend, there was some strategy in the old games. I just mean on  a different level

More like on a very basic level.
Wusi best ever Swbf2
http://i.imgur.com/2jizSKw.jpg

Wusi rq
http://i.imgur.com/KESelEN.jpg

Birdo best ever Swbf2

Long live -SR- greatest Swbf2 clan!

Quote from: Ascertes on October 10, 2015, 08:57:23 PM
1. Took me HOURS to get the game running because it insisted on using my Intel graphics driver instead of my NVIDIA one and it blackscreened on startup. Seriously, this shouldn't happen. Ever. I get that it's a beta, but come on, my laptop is brand new as of May...

I had a similar problem... wouldn't have known what to do if it didn't tell me "hey, I want to use the iGPU but your drivers are not up to date!" 

Did you get a message to this effect?

weapons seems pretty balanced (except for that overpowered Cycler...)
I disagree here. Yes, the weapons are pretty balanced. However the Cycler rifle is a Star Card meaning it has time to cool down. And might I add, it only kills instantly with headshots. Since headshots are hard to get, it gives the victim some time the scramble behind cover before being mowed down by your Primary weapon.

2. Sides need some balancing in Walker Assault. Empire wins most of the time unless rebels have vastly superior players or numbers.
To be fair, I know I said this too, but there is actually a lot of ways the Rebels can win. I've been playing with some friends for a while on it, playing it 24/7.
The way the rebels win is you need a good, strategic team instead of a team that just runs around looking for pickups or kills. You can also "carry" your team by being the better players and having the sense to use an Orbital Strike on the AT-ATs when vulnerable. I've seen NOBODY do this except me yet and I have no idea why. The Orbital Strike takes the AT-AT from 100% health to about 20% if called in at the right spot. I always call it in so half of the circle is in front of the AT-AT. This way, the AT-AT walks into the rest of the Orbital Strike. Another way of doing it is to have your team use their Star Cards on the AT-AT rather than on the infantry.
This is the best ways of doing it but since nobody actually knows what strategy on this game is, I often just save my Orbital Strikes so I can be the one who's taking the :censored: out of my own team since I'm the one actually completing the objective.

However, like you pointed out: This is not a Battlefront. It's nothing like Battlefront at all. There is quite literally nothing similar between this pretender Battlefront and the ones we know and love. There's no command posts, 1 mode per map, no character selection/standard loadouts, heck, even the weapon functionalities aren't similar (like, why can't I cycle between my rifles and grenades/jetpack/etc. instead of having to click keybinds...) also no vehicle spawn points and you pick up the "ability" to use them randomly on the map. Did I mention the AT-AT on a rail?  :td:

Overall, great game, love it, will definitely buy it and play it, but it's not a Battlefront. I don't even know why they labelled it as one.

I completely agree, I especially dislike the fact that the AT-AT is AI controlled :(
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Phobos on October 10, 2015, 10:29:36 PM
They wanted to capitalize on the Battlefront legacy, but have failed to live up to the Battlefront game standards.

I agree, havent played it but watching some of the videos left me amazed in a bad way by how non battlefronty it felt, looks boring af.  i am now certain that i wont buy or play it.

Battlefront is a reboot. And a lot of the commentary is based off the beta, which only has three modes, one for Hoth, one for Tatooine and one for Sullust. If you want a fair opinion on what this game is going to be like, then wait for the full game.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I like it. As someone that likes to play objective gamemodes walker assault on hoth is amazing. Cant wait for more game modes and maps.
Love the explosions and sound effects, 10/10.  :tu:

The Beta has been extended until Tuesday for further testing for those of you who haven't seen.
I don't like the lack of server lobby but I'm impressed with the stability so far. Has anyone had any technical issues with the game?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I hear that hero stuff is a little glitchy. They also went with the "hero kneels on the ground when defeated" thing from SWBF2, which just looks kind of lame in my opinion.

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

There is a lot of great input here. Many of us agree or have brought up similar ideas that they like or dislike about the game. We only have a few game modes to go off of. For now it is a waiting game. I just want to bring up two things.

One: I hope the sporadic spawning is only on the beta or can be fixed? I don't want to have to smash my thumb down on the left stick to sprint back to battle. If I am fighting someone or clearing an area of rebel scum on Hoth, I don't want to be thrown in the middle of crossfire on the opposite side of the map.

Two: I like how when the heroes enter you hear music to warn you and you can see them on the map too.

Overall I am thoroughly enjoying the game so far.
DA HAWK

Quote from: {Alpha}ADM.HAWK on October 13, 2015, 11:40:45 AM
One: I hope the sporadic spawning is only on the beta or can be fixed?
No, it'll be in the full game too. However they still have time to fix it since it's not at all extremely hard with the massive Dev team they have.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Don't get me wrong the beta was great. It did what is was created for. Just a tester. They do have a large team. However, I don't see them fixing that. They will more than likely focus on minor details and finishing touches.

With the release of the Ultimate edition at a hefty (USD)$119.99 is that even worth it. It is only a consideration for now. It comes with everything. Inputs plz.
DA HAWK

I like how you can adjust player FOV through the Video Settings. In SWBF1 this is assigned to each unit ODF and can be customized using mod tools but it's not changeable mid-game. I'll be testing an LUA script which *might* make FOV adjustments possible through pausemenu. Whether it works or not will depend on if the game engine accepts munged ODF code post-mission like it does for textures and certain sky/config replacements.

On a different note I recommend testing 59 FOV at 1920x1080 on the new SWBF. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=9741.msg101786#msg101786

I think my biggest issue with the new game is that even though their intention was to make a reboot of the first game, they lost what made it fun and turned it into a reskinned battlefield. Gotta get their money back somehow right?
The heart of Star Wars Battlefront was for you, the player to be dropped into these massive (well not so massive now) battles, and have the freedom to go into any vehicle you saw, play as any unit you wanted, and win the battle YOUR way.

I have seen few videos about it.. do the game own only 3 - 4 maps '!?