Well, I'm new! Howdy!

Started by tab328, October 13, 2016, 06:50:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
A long time ago, I walked the aisles of a local Staples. I looked down- BEHOLD! Star Wars Battlefront I. Two bucks. And thus began my countless hours of blasting clankers, crushing rebellions, capturing command posts and everything else you can do, just about! Which is why I'm here today!

As you can see, I'm tab328 (aka Herb or just tab if you prefer). Star wars is one of my many interests, so the original battlefront was a natural choice for me (especially at that amazing price, what could go wrong!).

I've been dabbling in 3D modelling, CAD, and the like; making things in blender, freecad, and a handful of other software. I began to wonder if I could put my (what I dare call) skills to good use to enhance my experience with battlefront, so here I am! I'll be reading up on how to get started, what tools I need, etc., etc.

I've got an older PC, but it runs battlefront!
AMD A6 5400k dual core APU (HD 7540D internal gpu or whatever included)
6gb ddr3 ram
dvd thingy
1tb hard drive
windows 10 anniversary
and a funny noise (fixed with a mild thump to the front)

Welcome, especially to a CAD modeller.  Let us know what we can do to get you up and running with the mod tools.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Welcome to the 'Front! :huzzah: I'm sure your modeling contributions will be much appreciated!

Welcome to the community!
The years just fly past, don't they?

Hoo! Fast replies! Thanks all, I think I've mostly found my way around, and there's always that search button. Got a zip with a bunch of tools and followed the guide http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=8.0. Seems to be working out for me, except now that I've come to the point where I drop the mod somewhere undisclosed (till I find it) :tu:

If I can somehow use blender for the models, I'll be in business there, although I dare call them "skills", Commander Awesome!  :D

About the CAD- I'd been introduced to it a few years back in a summer robotics camp or something like that, liked the idea of coming up with my own parts, and went home to find that the program was $500 :o So I played around with freeware and found I liked freeCAD better than all the other programs for a horde of reasons. Then I finally got me a diy 3D printer awhile ago and have been pretty happy with that.

One does not simply have enough modelers. Brace for an explosion of people asking you to make stuff for them :P

But welcome to our little community!
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Welcome to the forum. Always great to see new modders join  :cheers:

And my internet promptly died, it's all fixed now! I'll be back to reading and such.