Yavin IV: Temple foliage screwed up

Started by Kit Fisto, September 09, 2013, 09:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I have had this bug for a while and I've decided to address it.

On my Yavin IV: Temple map (everything stock) the foliage is all blocky and discolored. I have read that this is the most pretty map and I would love to see it to it's fullest beauty.
But the bug kinda ruins the map for me.

I'm almost certain it's my wine-cider wrapper I use but maybe someone knows how to fix this problem. It only occurs on Yavin IV. I think I've seen the bug on some of Sereja's Dagobah plants but that's it. Here are some screenshots.

All images seen are using stock skins for map and sides. The only mod I have in LVL_PC folder is a common.lvl that allows freecamera and exit to windows in MP. But I know this bug happens when I have no mods at all.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Look's like it's ignoring the transparent regions as dictated by the alpha channels. Why? I don't know.

So is this a cider wrapper problem or something we can fix through mods?

Probably the wrapper since it's such a weird problem.
... Try another Mod map which uses the same foliage assets and see what happens.
I don't know if it'll prove something, but do it anyway.
I DEMAND IT

You may just reinstall the game, and see, if the glitch is gone.
Actualy, it's may also be caused by some custom sides.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 10, 2013, 04:26:55 AM
Look's like it's ignoring the transparent regions as dictated by the alpha channels. Why? I don't know.
I think this is the case with the grass props, because you can see the ugly green color that fills in where the alpha is suppose to be..
The trees don't even seem to have an alpha channel -I mean, I know they do, but there is no black or white (or green) replacing what would be the alpha channel- it's still got a nice leafy pattern throughout the entire square.
Looks like it's stretching the texture somehow?...

Quote from: UNIT 33 on September 10, 2013, 07:10:20 AM
... Try another Mod map which uses the same foliage assets and see what happens.
I don't know if it'll prove something, but do it anyway.
I DEMAND IT

Quote from: Kit Fisto on September 09, 2013, 09:50:00 PM
I think I've seen the bug on some of Sereja's Dagobah plants but that's it.

Quote from: Sereja on September 10, 2013, 07:20:11 AM
You may just reinstall the game, and see, if the glitch is gone.
Actualy, it's may also be caused by some custom sides.
I know that the glitch occurs even when I reinstall it. I've had to uninstall and reinstall my game a few times. :happy:

Another reason why I don't use foliage on any maps.

I have some mods that might be able to fix it for you I'll send on PM.