[SOLVED]SWBFII "CD is unauthorized"

Started by Kit Fisto, March 30, 2013, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 30, 2013, 11:26:20 AM Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:26:19 PM by Kit Fisto
I'm really pissed off. I just have to put that out there now.

I rode my bike Office Depot to get SWBFII PC DVD so I could play multiplayer. Just to get home, install it and find out when I try to join a game my CD key is unauthorized to play the game.  :censored:

Why is this happening? I have a legit CD and CD Key!?!?!?! ARG.  :censored:
Can someone tell me whats wrong?

And don't say its my Cider port I'm using to run the game. I know for a fact Multiplayer works. I can play LAN.

Hmm...         I had this problem for a while, did it also say that you couldnt play the server becouse someone else was using your CD code?

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

This is the error mesage that pops up.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I am currently discussing the matter with Office Depot employees. They will give me a different copy of the game if they have it.  :confused:

Have you tried logging in without Gamespy?
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

March 30, 2013, 01:14:47 PM #4 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 01:18:13 PM by Buckler
Possible reasons:
1) Ure banned from the server --maybe a ban by commands |they aint shown later on the remote manager or server manager, as i know|--

3) Ur game is bugged. Close SWBF2 and then run it again, u might be able to play it now.
4)Someone is using ur CDKey. If u dont know, this is shown on the remote manager and server manager of the servers and someone might have copied u the CD Key.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Ok I went to another Office Depot, traded in my copy for a new one, went home, installed it, and my CD is still not authorized to play. I think it is one of 3 things.

1) The Cider wrapper is bugged for Multiplayer
2) The CD Key is being used by another player (the player being someone who pirated my CD key somehow)
3) The CD key is being used by another player (the player being someone who got the game legally but, seen here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-2129477.html   
QuoteWe have currently run out of Star Wars Battlefront II keys and are waiting for more from the publisher.

As soon as the keys arrive you will be able to play the game and I will post an update here.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Right now my Dad is installing it on his VMWare Windows emulator. If it says I still have an unauthorized CD Key then that means it is either #1 or 2 above. I will get back to you guys...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 30, 2013, 03:00:32 PM
2) The CD Key is being used by another player
No, that isn't how it works.
You can only not join the server if the other person with the same exact CD-key is in it before you are.
This is the case with both versions of SWBF.

If you are having trouble not even getting into ANY of them, it's either:
A. Everyone in every server has the exact same CDkey as you (impossible because they wouldn't be able to join either being they all have one anothers.)
B. Something deeper...

The obvious is something is deeper.

So I was able to successfully join Servers that weren't {SWG} or something like that. I got booted from those for some reason. So that means it is my wrapper. And I have absolutely no idea how to make a Cider wrapper to play online.

AG! Come help! How can I make a Cider wrapper for SWBFII and let me play online?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 30, 2013, 03:15:02 PM
So I was able to successfully join Servers that weren't {SWG} or something like that.
Feel free to join UEF's ones :)
Maybe for americans they might be a bit laggy (but well, I think, that the 80 per cent of players are euros LoL)

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 30, 2013, 03:15:02 PM
So I was able to successfully join Servers that weren't {SWG} or something like that. I got booted from those for some reason.
Sometimes it can say you are booted or banned, but it's actually something else.
Perhaps the semi-dedicated servers they host are by that 1 guy that had your CD and returned it because, get this, you ONLY need the GameData folder, and not the LaunchExE... You don't even need to have the CD, and it's perfectly legal too!

Edit- On a side note, you might have been banned cause of your green noodly hair.

March 30, 2013, 03:25:14 PM #10 Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 03:32:13 PM by {U.E.F}Anyder
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 30, 2013, 03:20:43 PM
Edit- On a side note, you might have been banned cause of your green noodly hair.
I agree. LoL
Also, maybe it was ban by mistake. When im going to ban someone with the commands I need the number assigned to the player and I sometimes ban (or kick, or swap) someone I dont mean :P

,Edit of the previous post:
Nvm, I uploaded is for a fw before, If ACE doesnt make it public, ill do it tomorrow

I bet the Lucas forums would be a good place to ask for help since you'll get a lot of SWBF2 players to help.        ( theres a link when you start SWBF just hit options and you'll see the link to the site ) You could also research the site for anyone else with the problem.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Oddly enough SWBFII online is working fine now! Is it because I installed the conversion pack and 1.3 patch?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 30, 2013, 05:28:44 PM
Is it because I installed the conversion pack and 1.3 patch?
As much as I wish to give credit to 1.3 patch, being how awesome it is, I doubt it.
Conversion pack, possibly...

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on March 30, 2013, 08:45:33 PM
As much as I wish to give credit to 1.3 patch, being how awesome it is, I doubt it.
Conversion pack, possibly...
I don't know, I didn't like the conversion pack so I deleted the game and reinstalled it. Dark Times II is much better.  ;)
I think it was the 1.3 patch, or maybe it just took a while for LucasArts to recognize my CD Key into the system? You know how they are, they take 4 hours to authorize a CD Key, they take 10 years to start thinking about making a Star Wars shooter.

Anyways it works, and I even say Van Sting on the server I was playing on!  :) It was nice to "see a familiar face" in the midst of all the unknown people I was playing with.

I have to say though, the Hero Assult Servers kinda pee me off. SWBFII has nice Multiplayer conquest and CTF modes but there are so little servers with those game modes. Instead there are like 90 Hero Assult Servers. Don't get me wrong Hero Assult is fun, but I think its only fun with like 5 people. Not 50, and 25 of them are Maul.  :slap:
If I'm playing SWBFII, it will not be on a Hero Assult map. :cheers: