[SOLVED]SWBFII "CD is unauthorized"

Started by Kit Fisto, March 30, 2013, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 30, 2013, 09:26:06 PM
I don't know, I didn't like the conversion pack so I deleted the game and reinstalled it. Dark Times II is much better.  ;)
I think it was the 1.3 patch, or maybe it just took a while for LucasArts to recognize my CD Key into the system? You know how they are, they take 4 hours to authorize a CD Key, they take 10 years to start thinking about making a Star Wars shooter.

Anyways it works, and I even say Van Sting on the server I was playing on!  :) It was nice to "see a familiar face" in the midst of all the unknown people I was playing with.

I have to say though, the Hero Assult Servers kinda pee me off. SWBFII has nice Multiplayer conquest and CTF modes but there are so little servers with those game modes. Instead there are like 90 Hero Assult Servers. Don't get me wrong Hero Assult is fun, but I think its only fun with like 5 people. Not 50, and 25 of them are Maul.  :slap:
If I'm playing SWBFII, it will not be on a Hero Assult map. :cheers:

I've heard tons of positive feedback on the Dark Times II mod, and the 1.3 patch. I myself am looking into getting The Fake Console mod. ;)

As for the server, I fully agree. There's wayyyy too many Hero Assault servers out. Out of my own opinion, I sort of hate the servers, since there's always the nooby force push/choke of the Hero classes. Not enough Fett or Han Solo's on there! I think there needs to be more Conquest servers up.

Personally, I prefer my Conquest modes, without Heroes on. Mostly because once one side grabs hold of the Hero class, it can drastically turn the tide of the battle. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to mow down troops with the Hero class, but online, it just gets too overused.

One thing I should note, the select few Conquest servers up, they almost all 90% of the time, have TK on. Apparently for SWBFII pros, TK on is the way to go. I fully disagree. I've been in enough TK-on servers on SWBF1 (before the shutdown), and there's always the one noob that decides he wants to troll and kill everyone. Believe me, there's alot of differences in online play, the only thing I guess that's still retained from SWBF1 really is just the engine itself.

Sorry to go off rambling here, just figured I would throw my opinion of SWBFII out there (again). :P

March 31, 2013, 01:41:01 PM #16 Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 01:42:34 PM by Kit Fisto
I have found servers (kinda like the PLA servers) that host with TK off, and Hero's on. But the only way to get the hero is to kill the enemy hero. I thought that was cool. And they ban anyone who does bad things on the server. It's like SWGO or something like that. And they have a nice variety of maps. So I'm almost always on those servers. But yea SWBFII's online community is wasted with all the Hero Assult servers.

Oh and the Dark Times II mod and 1.3 patch are awesome. If you download the Dark Times II mod it comes with the latest 1.3 patch. It is really the best SWBFII mod I have played, complete with a custom campaign and new game modes. 1000 times better than the Conversion Pack.