BF 1 Without Disc

Started by Yoda, November 21, 2011, 09:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It seems that fate is determined to not allow me to play this game. I however refuse to give in. My optical drive has failed and after getting the game to install from a disc image I created on my failing Macbook I am unable to play the game because it requires the disc to be inserted.

Does anyone know of a way to bypass this requirement? I have tried mounting the disc image I installed from but that didn't work.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

No CD Fix (For windows OS only) http://www.mediafire.com/?7sc0df7894ffpad
I don't know of anything for Mac, you can try google though.

Thanks for the help. That didn't work, but I told my boss about it and he asked me what the specs were on the tower and told me to just take the 2010 spare Mac Pro (brand new minus my fiddling and turning it into a makeshift server over the summer) so after this weekend I should have a fully functional 2.8Ghz Quad core with 6 GB of ram and an ATI Radeon 5770. I'm so stoked that I have already migrated my current machine to my spare 2TB drive and I can't wait to just drop the hard drive in and go.

Originally joined SWBFMac.com in 2006. You'll see me around from time to time.

Sounds good.  Some people boot their macs into windows and play.  But that would work too, sounds like.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

http://toastmount.sourceforge.net/  This is what I used for a while when my disc went missing.
However, GR wouldn't let me play matches with it because it assumed I was doing something naughty.
You will need your CD code.

This isn't illegal, assuming you actually have a legit copy of SWBF.

Super bump!!!
I'm trying to get my swbf1 disk image copied or something like what regent said above because my disk has a lot of scratches and I don't want it to stop working. But I kinda need directions on how to do it...
Please help!

It might have something to do with how much GB you have taken up, because you might have run out of Ram to run the game. Do you have any other Mac games installed?
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

No no! The game still works with the disk, but my disk is getting scratched up and I don't want I to stop working. But regent has given me something to work with.

Then i believe you can go to your local Video Game Shop and ask them to clean it for you, ive done this several time for my Pc Games.

I mean I want a backup disk or something like that in case the original breaks. ( it did cost about $60 total )

Ok well Idk how to do that but you can always ask one of the major modders on this site.

I saw a copy for an amazing £1 on Amazon once. It may be worth just buying a new one.

August 26, 2012, 10:36:35 AM #13 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:39:26 AM by kitfisto15678 {GLT} Commander
It's Ok guys. I think I'll go with Sev's solution
Quote from: {GLT}Commander Commando Sev on August 25, 2012, 03:25:21 PM
Then i believe you can go to your local Video Game Shop and ask them to clean it for you, ive done this several time for my Pc Games.
Thanks for all the help!

Quote from: kitfisto15678 {GLT} Commander on August 26, 2012, 10:36:35 AM
It's Ok guys. I think I'll go with Sev's solutionThanks for all the help!
Remember; ask how much they charge first!