Zip file help/ bittorrent.

Started by Soap Mactavish, March 05, 2010, 01:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
ok everyone i am having a problem opening a .zip file i downloaded off infinityward.com

every time i try to unarchive the file it tells me that i don't have permission to open file in "downloads". i have tried opening this file in different destinations and still hasn't worked.

I am using an administrator account, so there is no problem with my clearance.

Also, i would like so help on speeding up my bittorrent. I would like to point out that bitorrent doesnt necessarily mean illegal activity so plz dont block that part out. If you have some tips plz post here or hit me up on xfire.
Username: vstrnrussell

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

:dry: hmmm. are you sure these .zip files aren't  7zip files?  I've never had any trouble with zip files. i just right click them and extract.  i don't know anything about torrent files though :shrug: all i know is that i had something called "utorrent" on another computer. i worked really well

lol yea. i can distinguish between 7zip and .zip :P

link us to the file in question?

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

sure.

http://www.infinityward.com/games.php?id=1#/videos?id=8

any of those videos. i wanna download them so i can put them on my ipod. but they wont un archive once they are downloaded. 2 of them work but the rest wont. i have tried the default zip program from apple and suffit expander, only suffit says the files are corrupt and cant be unarchived.

PS: if you cant figure it out i am downloading the mp4 version :P

Dunno what's wrong there. I can open it just fine. Must be a Mac thing.

It's too big of a file for me to reupload, though. Perhaps you should attempt to download it from some other site? Like Youtube?

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

reupload? ok ill search for an alternate link. Also i sure could use some help on my bittorrent. So hit me up on xfire anyone.

First off, download it again and try it again. If that doesn't work get info on the file (command + I) and make sure the permissions at the lower part are set to read and write, might aswell set them all (3) to read and write.

if that doesn't work, get info on the "downloads" folder and do the same, make sure it isn't read only for some reason.

if all of that fails, we can try some more maybe.

As for the torrents- Nothing can really make it faster, make sure nothing else is using the bandwidth (Downloading or uploading) and make sure the download speed max, isn't capped in the prefs of whatever app your using.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

thx about the bittorrent thing, ill try it later. Also, i am way ahead of u red. already tried all of those things.