ICW4 map pack

Started by Led, July 13, 2014, 12:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 13, 2014, 12:53:33 AM Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 12:13:06 PM by Led
A fixed map pack will be uploaded shortly.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1156

Final version

thanks phobos
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 13, 2014, 05:02:05 AM #1 Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:23:10 AM by oldsnake
testing this map pack now tat3c crashes the server. tat3a crashes my game.dagc daga server will not start. the other maps work.

phobos also reports a crash with 010 deathstar

Dagobah : Swamps seems to becrashing for me. I'll try to reinstal the map if I am the only one having this issue.

July 13, 2014, 02:10:30 PM #4 Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 02:13:54 PM by PatriotNorwood
I had a map crash online on the open training server, but I do not know which one as it did not load far enough...

Edit: It appears the server may have crashed.
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Who knows how to fix these problems? I'll help in any way I can, but I don't exactly have the comparative advantage.

Dagobah Swamps (I had trouble with this one initially and then realized my reqs said "Dag1" instead of just "Dag") and Death Star Interior (Phobos said it had to do with 010 messing with batch, it is now DEA, and everything should be changed accordingly and working) are now fixed in my folders.  I will upload a patched mission file tonight with updated sides, with different fairsides, so everyone will need to download.
I will check out Tat3a and Tat3c, I didn't know anything was wrong but I will troubleshoot them as well.

Now, so nothing comes up later about this-
I cannot fix the "no bleed" on Death Star Interior without more time analyzing the actual level.  I think there are at least two other maps like that in the pack.  This is not a fault of the mission.lvl file as the whole pack has bleed enabled.  We came across this last year.  The command post "values" have been changed in the actual map, if I understand correctly.  There is a chance that they will only start to bleed at one command post, if at all, even if the enemy has 4 cps to 2.

With Eddie's Italia, it is the Multiplayer version.  The map is no cp in the level itself.  I do not have the single player version, so if that was the version that we wanted, someone please send me a link.  Otherwise, that map will be no cp by default and the reinforcement count will probably be lowered accordingly.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantasmagorical on July 13, 2014, 05:05:31 PM
Dagobah Swamps (I had trouble with this one initially and then realized my reqs said "Dag1" instead of just "Dag") and Death Star Interior (Phobos said it had to do with 010 messing with batch, it is now DEA, and everything should be changed accordingly and working) are now fixed in my folders.  I will upload a patched mission file tonight with updated sides, with different fairsides, so everyone will need to download.
I will check out Tat3a and Tat3c, I didn't know anything was wrong but I will troubleshoot them as well.

Now, so nothing comes up later about this-
I cannot fix the "no bleed" on Death Star Interior without more time analyzing the actual level.  I think there are at least two other maps like that in the pack.  This is not a fault of the mission.lvl file as the whole pack has bleed enabled.  We came across this last year.  The command post "values" have been changed in the actual map, if I understand correctly.  There is a chance that they will only start to bleed at one command post, if at all, even if the enemy has 4 cps to 2.

With Eddie's Italia, it is the Multiplayer version.  The map is no cp in the level itself.  I do not have the single player version, so if that was the version that we wanted, someone please send me a link.  Otherwise, that map will be no cp by default and the reinforcement count will probably be lowered accordingly.

Please, just reupload the map pack fixed...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on July 13, 2014, 05:11:27 PM
Please, just reupload the map pack fixed...
I agree with Anyder, I think a full updated pack should be uploaded, and the announcement be made that their is a fixed version. (And, don't forget to take down the broken one, that is the key by replacing it with a fixed version, you eliminate people from continuing to download the wrong version.)
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

July 13, 2014, 10:03:20 PM #9 Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:10:39 PM by Phobos
The map pack should be reuploaded asap with the following patches applied:
- Add missing mapinfo txt
- Add Global fairsides mission for hosts. Make sure the GCW fairsides is classical sides, normal first 4 units like CW has, except the special unit is either jet for both team or wookiee for both team based on the list Oven posted. I would advise Dark Jets on Egypt, and Wookiees on Italia.
- Patch the 010 folder (change the REQ mission etc. to DEA) Deathstar crash
- Patch Dagobah crash
- Patch Jabba Clone Wars (tat3c) crash
- Add the Italia with no CP lvl or trade this map for Jai Nollan or some other map that has CP. I have found the Italia no CP world lvl and uploaded it here. It has several CPs not just 2 and is much better. You need to replace the file in this folder CSI8\Data\_lvl_pc\CSI9\
http://www.speedyshare.com/ecY9Y/Italia-CPs.7z
- Remove all mod map bleeding. (Open all the custom LUAs at once in notepad++, do a global search for AddBleedThreshold, and nill any occurrences). There cannot be bleed values loading from the world LVL itself, that is impossible AFAIK.

Quote from: PatriotNorwood on July 13, 2014, 02:10:30 PM
I had a map crash online on the open training server, but I do not know which one as it did not load far enough...

Edit: It appears the server may have crashed.
Finalscore.log reveals that the [FC] ICW4 OpenTrain server crashed today after tat3a, the next map was tat3c. The LUA for CW Jabba must be bugged. Currently I'm hosting the server without jabba, death star, dagobah, or italia until the new map pack is posted.
Ok now the server is using the new world LVL for Italia until the map pack is updated.

The map pack was reuploaded last night before I saw this post.  Luckily I got most of the patches working here.
Mapinfo.txt - did not add any, only a few need them.  Phobos posted them in another thread so server hosts can get them.
Global Fairsides should all be fixed and spawn times correct.
010 is now DEA.
Dagobah fixed.
Tat3c fixed (removed locals reference)
Italia was not changed because I did not realize it when I did the pack.
Mod map bleed was not changed.  Like I said, I think it's the value of the cps that are affecting it for some maps.

If someone wants, they can reupload the pack with the two things I missed.  Included in the new pack is a global mission for stock maps.

--Look up top for link.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantasmagorical on July 14, 2014, 02:19:06 PM
The map pack was reuploaded last night before I saw this post.  Luckily I got most of the patches working here.
Mapinfo.txt - did not add any, only a few need them.  Phobos posted them in another thread so server hosts can get them.
Global Fairsides should all be fixed and spawn times correct.
010 is now DEA.
Dagobah fixed.
Tat3c fixed (removed locals reference)
Italia was not changed because I did not realize it when I did the pack.
Mod map bleed was not changed.  Like I said, I think it's the value of the cps that are affecting it for some maps.

If someone wants, they can reupload the pack with the two things I missed.  Included in the new pack is a global mission for stock maps.

--Look up top for link.
good work, i will add the final changes to map pack and reupload it here soon. this should hopefully be the final upload needed for the map pack to work but to make sure i will double check every questionable map first. This will be designated ICW4 MapPack Final.7z

July 14, 2014, 11:40:22 PM #12 Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 06:06:37 AM by Phobos
*Death Star still crashes. It must be a world or mission bug, since just changing from 010 to DEA didn't fix the game crash. I suspect the additional LVL files in the SIDES folder weren't referenced properly or something. Death Star will have to be replaced with another map, possibly Endor. I've removed death star from the final map pack because it can't be patched, the pack is only 85mb instead of 150mb now.

BFront.log confirms the Death Star world LVL itself is bugged, and crashes online because of missing ODF/MSH.

Message Severity: 3
D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\MountedTurret.cpp(1186)
Mounted turret "elevator_bldg_turret TURRET1" node "aimer_boxhead" not found

D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\Aimer.cpp(719)
Aimer "elevator_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" mount node "aimer_boxbarrels" not found

D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\Aimer.cpp(746)
Aimer "elevator_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" barrel node "barrel1" not found

D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\Aimer.cpp(783)
Aimer "elevator_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" fire node "hp_fire1" not found

Aimer "elevator_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" barrel node "barrel2" not found

Aimer "elevator_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" fire node "hp_fire2" not found

Message Severity: 2
D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\Weapon.cpp(1410)
Weapon 'weapons.all.weap.lightsaber_prop' is not localized for stats page

Weapon 'weapons.explosion.weap.bldg_turret' is not localized for stats page

Mounted turret "explosion_bldg_turret TURRET1" node "aimer_boxhead" not found

Aimer "explosion_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" mount node "aimer_boxbarrels" not found

Aimer "explosion_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" barrel node "barrel1" not found

Aimer "explosion_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" fire node "hp_fire1" not found

Aimer "explosion_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" barrel node "barrel2" not found

Aimer "explosion_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" fire node "hp_fire2" not found

Weapon 'weapons.nab.weap.bldg_orb_shield_flatt' is not localized for stats page

D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\EntityProp.cpp(367)
Prop "dea1_bldg_fire_control_room_col" geometry "dea1_bldg_fire_control_room_col" not found

Weapon 'weapons.ef.beam.weap_laser' is not localized for stats page

Mounted turret "ef_beam_bldg_turret TURRET1" node "aimer_boxhead" not found

Aimer "ef_beam_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" mount node "aimer_boxbarrels" not found

Aimer "ef_beam_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" barrel node "barrel1" not found

Aimer "ef_beam_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" fire node "hp_fire1" not found

Aimer "ef_beam_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" barrel node "barrel2" not found

Aimer "ef_beam_bldg_turret TURRET1 WEAPON1" fire node "hp_fire2" not found

D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\LoadUtil.cpp(986)
CreateRegion('soundspace defcmd' [8009773b], type [70c67e32]) failed

D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\FrontLine\Source\EntityProp.cpp(734)
Prop "dea1_bldg_fire_control_room_col" not built: "ALL YOUR MODEL ARE BELONG TO US."

Download ICW4 Map Pack Final.7z
LINK REMOVED DUE TO ADDITIONAL CRASHES ON GCW STOCK MAPS.
The final map pack with all the mission bugs patched will be reuploaded within 2 days. I will upload the final map pack, and a root server kit. Every map will be quickly played through to check for any crashes before being uploaded.
Nobody download any ICW4 map packs until July 17th. we should have all bugs resolved by then.

ok, maybe the link in the first post is not the final one yet

July 16, 2014, 04:48:54 PM #14 Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:25:47 PM by Samistheone
I didn't know we where doing map suggestions until last weekend so I tried to tell Joseph, but he thought that we'd have to change everything if we added this map.

I want to suggest the map Mon calamari rescue (monc). Its a fun cool awesome map, you can even have fun sniping on it!

Here's a link for the map! (http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=245)

Reasons why we wouldn't have to change everything to add this map:

1. Just make this map a blank out on the map, no clans have control of it, just a few natives that live there! (I suggest put it at the middle of all the maps)

2. You wouldn't have to make the attack patterns of the planets that people are attacking change, just rotate the planets a little.

3. If you want to update the attack map for that, then I could help! (Just give me the background picture that was used to put behind the planets on the attack map!)

4. Just let people/ clans battle for the map next week/weekend, then you wouldn't have to mess up the attack patterns that start this weekend, and part of the next week?

5. Or you could push back the start of the ICW4 till next weekend? because some clans haven't gotten everything in yet. (We are starting this ICW4 late anyways!)