hello there

Started by Artemis, October 03, 2016, 05:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
My name is Artemis, I was referd here by an SMBX member when asking if there was still an active place with Battle Front 2 support after Lucas Arts shut down. Might as well ask now, when playing BF2, on both felucia and hoth the ground textures are multiple colors. On hoth its only half the map and its black, yellow, and red. On felucia its the entire map and its bright red.

Felucia
[spoiler][/spoiler]

hoth
[spoiler][/spoiler]

My specs are as follows
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R5
Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU, 2000 MHZ, 4 cores, 4 logical processors

Hey There!

You haven't modded anything have you?

I did but I know its not the mods because I deleted the folder and reinstalled and its still happening.

Welcome.  There is a fix for it.

I will search for the post and edit this post when I find it.

Basically, it is a graphics driver issue.  I had it, and got it fixed.

edit:  ok, here is the post, and I stickied it in the SWBF2 forum.   :cheers:

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=11020.0
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Welcome to the community!
The years just fly past, don't they?

Glad this place is active!
So, I followed your steps and put the files with the .exe. It didn't work however, its just those 2 maps. Felucia and Hoth. All the other ones work fine.

Quote from: Artemis on October 04, 2016, 02:46:57 PM
Glad this place is active!
So, I followed your steps and put the files with the .exe. It didn't work however, its just those 2 maps. Felucia and Hoth. All the other ones work fine.

Have you been sure to put the files to:
Quote from: Jean on August 26, 2016, 12:47:32 AM

Disc Directory: Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > LucusArts > Star Wars Battlefront II > GameData >

Steam Directory: Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Star Wars Battlefront II > GameData

This is all I can think of as I'm not a proper modder but I try to find a route that I'd use myself.
The years just fly past, don't they?

They are in the "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData"
weird

Quote from: Artemis on October 04, 2016, 04:22:27 PM
They are in the "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData"
weird

Not weird. Just means you have the Steam version of the game

Quote from: Jean on October 04, 2016, 04:59:51 PM
Not weird. Just means you have the Steam version of the game
Not weird that they are in the steam directory, but weird how apparently I'm the only one on the internet with this issue. I've been searching for around a week now, I think its just time to call it quits for awhile.

Quote from: Artemis on October 04, 2016, 07:09:18 PM
Not weird that they are in the steam directory, but weird how apparently I'm the only one on the internet with this issue. I've been searching for around a week now, I think its just time to call it quits for awhile.
I dont think you are the only one with that issue. I remember seeing a similar thread on steam forums a little while back (unless that was you).