Star Wars: Warfront; Recruiting thread.

Started by ARC-1776, September 29, 2015, 06:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, I'm ARC-1776 and I'm Executive thingummy-doer on Star Wars Warfront, an ambitious little dream which is like this: Muti-era, lore accurate, and choice inducing mod.

Features:
All new modes: Such as; Vanguard: Tank Battle. Firefight: Infantry only. Objective capture: Blow up that base before they blow up yours. Capital assault: Command Capital ships and fire broadsides.  Pitched battle: no objective, just spawn and attack. Quickplay: Don't worry about all this new stuff, just jump into something random. Duel of the Fates: Classic Lightsabre battles recreated!

All new classes: Lore accurate, role-based classes, with all the weapons from the movies.

More than 10 classes: By using the team system and building a team-swap function, expect upto 90 classes on all sides. 90! with possible access to 40 per match! O.O (Although you might be limited to a choice of 10)

Force selection; select upto 4 different platoon roles, and possible vehicle select, you can customize your games like never before, bored of fighting the same meta game on Mygeeto? Rushing the objective round the back, and then losing it then the tanks come rolling around? You can change that! Choose not to give the enemy any pilots.

Asymmetrical warfare; your re-enforcement count is based on your selections, select b1s? You'll get 12 re-spawns per slot, select a republic commando team, they'll spawn, ONCE.

Size matters; This doesn't need to be a 16 per side battle, or even a 64 per side battle, it can be 10 vs. 4, or 120 vs 90, anything upto 250, it's 2015, your pc can handle it, and the game engine can too, and even if it can't there's still fun and features in this for you!

Locals; Local factions are optional (Sort of), don't want sand people running around messing up your droid bashing day? Well replace them with meatshield civilians, or wookies, or akylays, whatever you feel like.

Skins to the nines; You choose a force type, then which force: Choosen an AR force? Select from the 7th Company of the 212th, the 41st, or a number of ARC troopers.

Maps edits: No longer will you fight over symmetrical CPs but over real battlefields, expect cps at critical junctions, and important areas, like cross roads, chokepoints, and thing that would be objectives such as medical stations, the days of units spawning infront of you is gone: units will spawn in inaccessible rooms which will be assumed to lead off map, drop-down into accessible rooms and enter play from there like in the game chivalry, no-more will units materialize out of thin air.

and much more yet to be announced, planed or even thought of!

TEAM;
My sexy Lexi self - writer, mixer, ridiculous ideaist, applied polemologist
Commander Awesome (You've installed his skin mod, nuff said.)
Jedimoose32 (scipter and generally most experienced person, you've played with some of his assets)

What we lack:

3D modelers
Scripters
Skinners
Sound designers
Mappers
Texture makers

Even if you have little experience, come get some, this is a goal you can work to, and we will never expect you to work to any time frame other than yours. Even one new skin is a helping hand.

We could also use someone who good at converting models to SWBF2. There's a bunch of models from (Free Radical's) SWBF3 that I would like to use.

When i finish them ill release them dont worry :D