Converting a few textures

Started by Snake, April 05, 2014, 12:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Could someone do me a huge favor and convert the attached textures to .tga format? I no longer have the ability since I don't have a photo editor. I am currently downloading one now but it will be a while..

=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Thanks Unit!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

please note that all textures must be a squared pixel size(ie 1024, 512, 256 or this divided by 2 etc) for SALLY to accept them and render them correctly.

you can have a 512x256 etc, but not "un-squared" pixel sizes.

Ah, that could be the issue with some of them not working/looking blue.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Fixed the size of the one with the odd pixel size.
The size is stretched of course, but your model won't know the different (that's the way uv mapping works, it will just stretch the uvs to the correct positions to compensate)

List of sizes usable (px wise): 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 84, 168, 256, 512, 1024, 2048.
If you are going to stretch a texture to a specific size, always go bigger (round it up to the next round number above)

So in this case, i stretched a 384px to 512, because it is the closest and above. If you stretched it to something lower like 256, the texture would be acceptable, but also become more distorted on your 3d model, causing undesired visual blur/pixelation.

Like I said, your model will not know the difference, and it will look just as fine ingame than as it was in sketchup beforehand.