big Tatooine map.

Started by Deceptive_Pasta, July 31, 2013, 08:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 31, 2013, 08:47:00 PM Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 08:49:57 PM by Yarell
Ok I know that my last request was stupid and  :censored: but this time i got a good idea. Ok so for a big tatooine map I would have in the middle the dune sea map layout then instead of the dune sea cp it would have jabbas palace. then at the opposite side of the map is a smaller town with the cantina witch is mos eisley. the cps lay out would be 1 in jab bas throne room 1 in the tuskan camp 1 in the home stead and another in the cantina. so it will be like a four corners type of map. So for inside of jabbas palace the only accessible place will be his throne room the rest is blocked off. Also the main door to jabbas palace will be open. So for mos eisley it will only have a few little houses and then the cantina in the middle were the cp will be. Im not sure to add tuskans. but if I were to put tuskans it would be in the camp but then the problem is then one team will have 1 less cp. So if you read this thanks and if you have suggestions or criticism please post all is appreciated. Thanks  :tu:
Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.

Well for now my map will be something like you say here :D

a number of people have expressed interest in doing this, mainly through hex editing i belive, but the biggest issue here would be that each map is only designed to look correctly from the inside. (some look right outside though, ie, dune sea, naboo plains. etc). that would mean the areas in the middle would have to be textured correctly. also, a much larger ai and reinforcement count would probably needed as well with a map that size. but even i know how to change that so that's not a problem.
I feel like i'm rambling.

August 01, 2013, 09:06:17 AM #3 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 06:12:10 PM by Josh
Quote from: Yarell on July 31, 2013, 08:47:00 PM
Ok I know that my last request was stupid and  :censored: but this time i got a good idea. Ok so for a big tatooine map I would have in the middle the dune sea map layout then instead of the dune sea cp it would have jabbas palace. then at the opposite side of the map is a smaller town with the cantina witch is mos eisley. the cps lay out would be 1 in jab bas throne room 1 in the tuskan camp 1 in the home stead and another in the cantina. so it will be like a four corners type of map. So for inside of jabbas palace the only accessible place will be his throne room the rest is blocked off. Also the main door to jabbas palace will be open. So for mos eisley it will only have a few little houses and then the cantina in the middle were the cp will be. Im not sure to add tuskans. but if I were to put tuskans it would be in the camp but then the problem is then one team will have 1 less cp. So if you read this thanks and if you have suggestions or criticism please post all is appreciated. Thanks  :tu:
People have already come up with something extremely like that, but I don't believe anyone actually made the map. The idea is a very good one.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I had tried it, but Ltin is right.  Someone better at .msh modding than I am will have to do outsides to the buildings, because I can't.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

o does any one know some one who is really good at doing this.
Don't call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.

we know quite a few people who could do this im sure. BUT, most of them (if not all of them) are busy with fairly large projects right now.
its likely that alot of them dont visit the requests section because they are busy.