A request of awesomeness

Started by Snake, July 07, 2013, 10:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know modelers are just like modders and have lot's of other things going on which take away from their ability to do large requests but I have a special request that will be so very awesome.

I need someone to make the Bell UH1 Huey Helicopter. This could be a huge feature of so many maps. Here's a pic:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT3qhwb_ep7UIL5keyFTfAbtPbYDQKls2M66y0F0dkTSklg_lT

When Nikoli made the Littlebird he just made an unmoving disc that looked like moving propellers on top, so that may be used if there isn't a way to animate it. But basically I just want the helicopter with a pilot position, copilot position, and two minigun turrets on both sides like how they were used in Vietnam. I cannot express how awesome this would be.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What happen with Nikoli?Before very long time i work with him and make him maps for his Modern Warfare mod.Where is he now?

I haven't seen Nikoli around actually in years since I last worked with him. Not sure how the animation sequence would go with those rotor blades though. I think I tried making a vehicle once before and that didn't work out so well. Was still learning how to model basic things back then. I think the animation sequences would be ODF defined as active or inactive toggled animations.

Not sure though as I have only modeled static props. I would actually try and help out where I could, I just wouldn't be able to handle the exporting process right now.
photobucket limit image removed

Yeah, he just disappeared one day. Maybe you could make the model and send it to Sereja to fix it up for SWBF, Epifire!  :)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Sure thing, not sure what I would do for the textures but since SWBF is a low poly engine (contrary to what I'm used to) this should be a fun little project.

Last running project I had for a vehicle is my Bioshock: Infinite inspired "Air-Bike"...

I'll grab an orthographic image and start a basic version right now.

oh, that would work well ( I think) for unit33's steampunk mod
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 14, 2013, 10:28:02 PM #6 Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:30:48 PM by Epifire
Whipped the mesh that resulted in this after a couple hours...

I'm still a little undecided as to how well I like the shape of the fuselage I came up with but I think it came out alright. Been keeping it poly-count friendly, and I hadn't mounted any turrets cause I'm not sure how that's gonna need to look. Either way I'll at least get a UV unwrap on it, and may even get around to the texture. Really shouldn't be too hard considering all you really need is a lot of grey paint and dirt smudging. Add some bolt seams along edges and get some tinted look for the windows and your set.

I've got all the moving parts separate so it should be animation friendly for whomever be tackling that when I'm done. Hope the mesh will suffice Snake, I've never made a Heli before so it's been an interesting side project.

Quote from: Buckler on July 14, 2013, 07:29:51 PM
oh, that would work well ( I think) for unit33's steampunk mod

That one mainly is intended as a portfolio project. But trust me it's probably got more polys then several SWBF levels running at once. So it wasn't exactly designed to go in a game, that is of course if it had lots of polygon reduction done to it.

Quote from: Epifire on July 14, 2013, 05:36:15 PM
Sure thing, not sure what I would do for the textures but since SWBF is a low poly engine (contrary to what I'm used to) this should be a fun little project.

Last running project I had for a vehicle is my Bioshock: Infinite inspired "Air-Bike"...

I'll grab an orthographic image and start a basic version right now.
Erg... arg... It's beautiful!

That looks awesome! Great work. I have trouble making anything that requires more than squares and circles. xP
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well I've rigged the doors, tail blade and main blades so they are ready for animation. Got a couple of other tweaks into the body so it's now a tad bit longer then it was before. Now my question who is it I shall be passing this onto when finished?

I don't know if anyone can animate it. Maybe Ginev can animate it and Sereja get the turrets working and get it ingame. I'll send them a PM.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well I know my model best, technically I could make the animations myself. Just have to know exactly how they will be used. I believe it could work off of a pre-action and action animation. Well technically there would be three.

1-First animation where the doors close (so that the passenger seats aren't exposed in flight) along with the rotor blades building up speed.

2-In-flight animation. This one just loops the first where the doors stay closed and the rotor blades loop their spinning animation.

3-Landing animation which is basically a reverse of the first one (minus the fact that the rotors power down in the same direction). Otherwise pretty simple.

Quote from: Epifire on July 15, 2013, 11:58:49 AM
Well I know my model best, technically I could make the animations myself. Just have to know exactly how they will be used. I believe it could work off of a pre-action and action animation. Well technically there would be three.

1-First animation where the doors close (so that the passenger seats aren't exposed in flight) along with the rotor blades building up speed.

2-In-flight animation. This one just loops the first where the doors stay closed and the rotor blades loop their spinning animation.

3-Landing animation which is basically a reverse of the first one (minus the fact that the rotors power down in the same direction). Otherwise pretty simple.

Won't the doors have to stay open for the turrets?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I can't animate.I use ready animations,sorry guys  :'(

Quote from: Snake on July 15, 2013, 12:04:17 PM
Won't the doors have to stay open for the turrets?

If your going off of one of the combat models the sides are halfway open (for the turrets) and the doors only cover half of the opening when shut. This one has the door open but as you can see, working with this version means you can mount the turret in the spot that the door wont cover...

Quote from: Ginev on July 15, 2013, 12:14:28 PM
I can't animate.I use ready animations,sorry guys  :'(

It's okay, I'm a study on animation but my issue is just the exporting all of it. My tools aren't setup to work with SWBF modding anymore, so that's the kicker. Exporting and setting up attachments are going to be the main issue. Cause like I said I've never successfully built a vehicle in SWBF, but I can model and animate it all. So as long as I have someone to coordinate with I'm good.