[REQUEST] Rends Bounty Hunter Maps Stock Sides (new mission.lvls)

Started by Kit Fisto, June 30, 2013, 11:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering if someone could make new mission.lvl's for Rends Bounty Hunter maps. I'm not too fond of the bounty hunter sides but I love the map designs. And if you could get CW and GCW era that would be wonderful!

For this map make the empire and rebels have the same skins as on Platforms: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=110

And for this map make the empire and rebels have the same skin as Yavin IV: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Bounty_Hunters_Rebel_Outpost;40392

Let me know if someone would like to do it! Or maybe give me steps on how to do it.
I'm pretty sure it's just a mission.lvl change right?

Hey thanks Rage! I'm glad you will do it. Me and my brother tried to have a "Rends map marathon" But his bounty hunter maps crashed due to the bounty hunter sides. :confused:

This will fix it all up!

Will you be able to achieve CW era as well?

Oh and I changed how I want the GCW units to be in Rebel Outpost. ;)

Gas Depot with Platforms unit skins.

Outpost with Yavin IV skins.

And support for both eras, so mod the addme too. Should be ready soon.

Awesome! Thanks! I look forward to playing those maps without being distracted by the sides.  8)

OK here is the mod
Let me know if anything is wrong or missing (sounds, vehicles, etc.) and I can patch it. The camera on spawn screen I didn't copy since that takes a bit more work and I just based the new LUA on stock worlds you referenced.

This is pretty fun I just tested it in game. Let me know how it works for you.

Quote from: ReadMeBounty Hunters Stock Sides Patch v1.0

Credits:
Rends - Worlds
Phobos - LUA Patches

- Replaced bounty hunter sides with stock sides, unlocked clone wars at request of Kit Fisto. New scripts based on Yavin IV and Platforms Bespin.
- Compatible with Bespin Skin changer by Phobos.
- I've included the source LUA for anyone who wants to mod them further.
- Added sound for GAR Speeder.

To install: Replace the mission.lvl and addme.script file for each map folder in the AddOn.

Patch Attached

Thanks a lot Phobos! I will try it out tomorrow and let you know if a thing is wrong. You're fast at this! :tu:

Oh yea and funny picture attached! How did you get that in there?! And why is it flipped!? :rofl:

The tank is on bounty2 GCW mode. I had to add sounds from naboo lua, and its flipped because the phyiscs are really wonky, the tank keeps spinning over on its side. This happens with rebel combatspeeders too for my game. I dont know why because my GAR.lvl is unmodded and ALL.lvl is modded. So it can't be that.

Do you have Anti-A on 8x? Sereja said that fixed his floating tank problem...

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 30, 2013, 10:28:25 PM
Do you have Anti-A on 8x? Sereja said that fixed his floating tank problem...
I thought it did too but apparently not.

I just tried them out and that was very very fun! I never realized that those Bounty Hunter sides were ruining the maps gameplay. Thank you so much Phobos! I never knew what I was missing and now those maps are a lot higher on my  personal "best mod maps" list.

Now for the (few) bugs:

1) You might want to check for music in Gas Depot since I only heard one track, maybe that's just the game.  :shrug:

2) Outpost seems to be missing music in both eras.

3) In Outpost in GCW the AAT doesn't have sound

That's all I can find at the moment. I really like these maps now! I can thank Rends but also you Phobos. :)

EDIT: Here is an image that I took while playing an especially intense part of Outpost. I enjoy it. :shrug:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Where does the AAT spawn? Music I don't know if he used custom or stock but I can probably add it. And very true that certain maps play better with different units. I don't even play most mod maps with the default mission.lvl included anymore.

I'm not sure. But when I was playing I saw an AI in the AAT at one of the trench CP's. maybe you have to take a CP for it to spawn.