Anyone up for a survival map?

Started by Carbon27, May 04, 2013, 09:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
 So, since Openspy hates my computer for some reason, I have been playing a lot of SP SWBF. Unfortunately, mod maps are the only maps worth it on SP. Even worse, I'm very picky about my mod maps and very very very few I like. I have always loved survival maps, but I don't see many on this site, the only place I trust to get my BF maps.

So, anyone up to make a survival map? Here's the idea to get you started:

The rebels have tricked the empire into recruiting one of their best rebel soldier, you, why? So the rebels can steal some of their technology. Sadly, he was found out. But he was able to take the secret plans, some guns, ammo, a health bot, and an ammo droid, while fleeing the scene in a TIE fighter. The empire, knowing the technology was extremely important to the destruction of the rebel scum, needed the plans he stole. After a while at top speed, his ride ran out of fuel, right over a thought to be deserted water planet. Luckily, he landed on a small, island. To bad for him, it wasnt unpopulated. But no, it couldn't be just your average animal, it was zombies. So the empire was tracking them down and was landing an attack on the beach, while zombies where coming in from another side. You must fight off the attack and pray that a miracle happens, or else it will be a very bad day.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

This could have been posted in the "I Have An Idea!" Thread, but oh well.

As for survival ideas, it appears many have been suggested, but few have actually been made. I don't make maps, just throwing my two cents in though, we do need some more survival maps for SWBF. Perhaps a good mix would be something that has DEAGLE's Jabbas Palace Zombie map style (first-person view only, and close quarters), but mixed with the barricade idea from Breakdown's Zombie CC map.

I didnt post it in the I have an idea thread because when one posts, everyone posts, and the first one to post may not be remembered.

I like your idea, but I think it would be more practical just to make a Last Stand mod. All you have to do is edit your mission.lvl and give one team more reinforcements than the other. If you're interested in learning how to do that, I would be happy to help. I've made many LS servers. :)

I think it would be very simple to make a Last Stand map too, though. From what you stated in the intro, basically all that would be needed is a small island with 2 CPs, an LS mission.lvl, and, of course, a well-guarded CP for your team so you have plenty of cover to fight off the enemy without dying too quickly.

You wouldn't want to do it on a server though, Shazam, he has internet problems.
But mission editing is a solution.

But If you are really up for a challenge, Utapau: Sink Hole is a brilliant map to play Last Stand on. (As well as Endor Bunker!!)
But I don't think there is released asset to Utapau, so re-doing the mission to have last stand would be tricky..
Other wise you wouldn't have a true last stand on that map...

As for a brand new map, it sounds like a plan, but I personally probably wouldn't be able to do it (not right NOW, that is, way too much going on to start another project..)

Perhaps @Snake could add a survival mode to the new bespin he is making? Bespin needs something like that, it's too awesome to not!

I am trying to start doing some side modding lately, ill see if mabye i can do a mod that can do that if you would like.
then you could play on whatever map you want!

I have gone to the files on SWBF, there are like zero that I can get into :(

And im not a modder so I cant make any maps myself in case anyone is wondering.

But im going to put some more details on how this map should be done.

Here is my idea of the map:

--------------------------------------------------------------- 

B
                       (EMPIRES                                          E               (YOUR BASE)     (WOODS, in between 
                             MOTHERSHIP)                             A                      camp and your base)
(WATER)                                                                 C                                                                           (ZOMBIE
                        (EMPIRES BASE)                              H                                                                       CAMP)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Did you download any mod tools, Josh?

no, only thing i have downloaded for bf are maps

Just realized I have passed 400 posts!  :cheer:

Quote from: Josh on May 04, 2013, 12:09:15 PM
I have gone to the files on SWBF, there are like zero that I can get into :(

Umm... Josh, you can't open most of the SWBF files. You have to use the mod tools to make your own files and put them into the game.

May 04, 2013, 12:58:42 PM #10 Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 01:05:49 PM by Josh
I dont want to do that anyway, so that doesnt matter.

Im not one who does a lot of playing around in files, I just want a mod map, thats all. And I tend to screw things up with files anyway.
BTW if some kind soul is willing to do this map i would give the rebel a flamethrower, just saying...

I dont know much 'bout SW and couldnt remember all the tie fighter name, some are bigger some are smaller, I was thinking the tie bomber but forgot the name.  :slap:

May 04, 2013, 08:19:05 PM #13 Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 08:21:05 PM by Snake
Hmm.. Sounds cool, I will take a look at the possibilities in this after I finish the bespin request.

----

I havent tried this, but I bet you (or someone who knows how) could edit the mission.lvl to call no AI on the survivor team of Hyperion: Ancient Excavations. That would be a heck of a survival map. AI don't last long on that map anyway though, so if you haven't played it yet, I highly recommend it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Josh on May 04, 2013, 01:30:30 PM
I dont know much 'bout SW and couldnt remember all the tie fighter name, some are bigger some are smaller, I was thinking the tie bomber but forgot the name.  :slap:
its the tie bomber
*facepalm*