MISSING: 41st Elite: The Defense of Kashyyyk (beta1)

Started by Kit Fisto, March 04, 2013, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
It wasn't working for me before either. Now it is though. In case anyone else has any trouble try my Google Drive link below.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byk6aK__xf0uOXpnR1dHTDlMRVU/edit?usp=sharing

Quote from: Napseeker on March 13, 2013, 11:11:25 PM
Okay, I think I've found the missing 41st Elite sides... still couldn't find the DVD-R where I burned the original release but I did find the two LVLs in the global SIDE folder of my old SWBF1 install.  I've zipped them up and uploaded them to my hotfile account for those who want to grab it. 

I'll do a more official release down the road and add some mission maps for the various Kashyyyk maps that have been ported from BF2, but this upload is just so Kit can kill some time with these sides.  Of course, just a reminder to back up your original REP and CIS LVL files, then rename the two files in my mod to be the new REP and CIS sides.  Should be simple enough....

https://hotfile.com/dl/198194992/24a32fb/41stElite_Sides_Napseeker.rar.html
Awesome! Thanks Napseeker! :cheer:

Buckler if you want I can upload it here, it's only 22MB's.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on March 14, 2013, 07:04:13 AM
Awesome! Thanks Napseeker! :cheer:

Buckler if you want I can upload it here, it's only 22MB's.

ok. 

The link worked for me a couple of hours later.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

March 14, 2013, 03:44:54 PM #18 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:12:11 PM by Erudite
Can't wait to try this out :cheer: ....when I put them in I keep crashing :( , do I have to munge first?

Quote from: Erudite on March 14, 2013, 03:44:54 PM
Can't wait to try this out :cheer: ....when I put them in I keep crashing :( , do I have to munge first?
Do you have any idea what your talking about XD?

Obviously, if its in .LVL file, it's munged already...

well then why do I crash....? these go into the SIDE folder right? I put it there and I crash when I try to play it on single player.

Try lan line, some mods just don't work in SP.

If that doesn't work, it's something you did wrong, and not the computer.

You need to rename the sides to just "cis.lvl" and "rep.lvl." It should work.

But I did...hm...I extracted with rar then put it in SIDE and renamed them to cis and rep...then insta crash...maybe I accidently renamed it to reb- I'll have to check. Does it work for you, Kit? 

March 14, 2013, 07:47:23 PM #24 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:26:22 PM by Kit Fisto
I have yet to try it. I probably won't be able to try it for a little bit. :confused:

March 14, 2013, 08:08:52 PM #25 Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:13:21 PM by Napseeker
I just conducted a test and found out that the cis sides work, but not the REP.  Ugh, maybe I didn't find them both then. Just use the CIS one for now... I'll see if I can find a working REP lvl later tonight.  Oh well, you got half of the mod! :)  I tested out the CIS sides in the shipped Kashyyyk Docks map. Please report any further problems you find.

Reminder that the CIS sides are identical to the shipped sides (at least from what I remember) except for the sniper/assassin. He has a one-shot, one-kill weapon BUT can also be killed with one shot by enemy fire...

edit: Obviously Buckler, don't post the upload of the file to the normal uploads section yet. As well, this version is not an official release and is missing important stuff like the credits file and instructions.  Just hang on and I'll put something a bit better together.

What is the best version of the SWBF2 Kashyyyk map that has been ported to SWBF1?  Maybe I'll add a mission map as well when I do the official re-release and make it a bit more useful for people who don't just want to use it for global sides. 

There's actually only 1 port of the map! (not counting the previous releases by the same author)
Kashyyyk: Beachhead SWBFII Conversion by ggtuck <-- click :D

The map features some custom turrents and vehicles, but you can ask ggtuck for the assets since I think he released them to someone before.
Also, with this mission map release will you be updating the sides/skins/models? :)

Thanks Kit for the link to the map.  I kind of doubt I'll be able to do much updating, as it is I'm not totally sure where all the assets for the 41st elite mod are even located at the moment... some of it got moved over to the Empire vs Clones mod project ages ago but the rest seem to be missing in action.