MISSING: 41st Elite: The Defense of Kashyyyk (beta1)

Started by Kit Fisto, March 04, 2013, 05:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was reading Napseeker's Execution at Geonosis readme and I saw that this mod is missing from this site! We have all of his other mods (I think). Does anybody have it? Napseeker mods are not to be thrown away! (In my opinion) Napseeker is one of the greatest modders for SWBFI.
So does anyone have this mod on their computer? The title is: 41st Elite: The Defense of Kashyyyk (beta1)

From readme of EaG
QuoteOTHER NAPSEEKER MODS and MISSION MAPS for STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 1.2

Shocktroopers: Duel at Mustafar (beta1)
Final Battle at Utapau (beta2)
41st Elite: The Defense of Kashyyyk (beta1)
Empire vs Clones 1.0
Clones vs Clones: FBaU (mission map addon for Final Battle at Utapau)
Jedi vs Clones 1.0

- What year was this made? I have an archive of many mod maps released from 2008-2010.

- What is the name of the addon folder? EAG?

I don't know when it was made, I have never played it or seen it available to download. Here is a REALLY old post back when I first came here. It is Napseeker talking about his 41st Elite mod.

Quote from: Napseeker on March 31, 2012, 11:01:18 PM
Don't worry kitfisto, I did conduct a search through a stack of unlabelled discs tonight.  I found my oldest dvd-r burn, which has some of my JvC assets but more importantly, the promo pics that I did for the 41st Elite global sides mod that I made back in 2007.   Since you were wondering about this mod, the pics probably will help explain it better than just words alone.

41st Elite: The Defense of Kashyyyk (or however you spell it) was a global side mod, and it replaced the regular clone units with troops more specific to the Kashyyyk battle (namely Yoda, a big honking wookie, Cmdr Gree, 41st Elite clonetrooper, and the AT-RT driver):

I also made new sides for the CIS too, based on some expanded universe designs that were created by Hasbro for some of the Battledroid action figures (basically Hasbro gave them some camo) with new weapons. If you installed these sides, another thing that automatically changed is that some standard vehicles would now be swapped in for newer ones. So say you normally play a map that has the eps2 Jedi starfighter, now you will find it has the eps3 Jedi starfighter (Yoda colors i.e. green) or if a map used the hovertank, it now gave you the AT-RT instead automatically. The gunship now used the green deco instead of standard red (once again, based on the gunship released by Hasbro back then).

Anyway, had a lot of fun making that one - I don't think many people used it which is probably why there aren't any backups.  Today obviously I would have made that into a more expansive set of mission maps, rather than just a side mod alone.

I'll keep looking thru my dvd-rs as time permits...

So yea, I guess it was a side mod. Does that help anybody?

Hey Kit, long time no talk... :)

I just saw your post... I don't think I ever found the DVD-R that I backed it up to. I'll see if I can look for it again over the weekend when I've got a bit more free time and will post it if I do manage to track it down.

I also haven't forgotten about your request to reduce the turret fire in my Coruscant space map, I made all the ODF changes ages ago but never actually freed up enough disk space to do a full build of the files.  Anyway, I'm slowly backing up some other files that are eating up a lot of space on C:\ so once I've got them backed up I can delete them and hopefully free up enough room to finally do a full munge.  I was just playing that space map a few nights ago, forgotten how much fun it was (although you can cheat pretty easily if you know what to do).

Hi Napseeker! :) Yea I haven't seen you in a while! I was actually just looking at my very first posts asking for the Battle Over Coruscant map. That was almost a year ago! :o Well, I'm still playing all of your mods (really ALL of them! (Final Battle at Utapua is by far my favorite, still :P )
You should check out some of the greatest SWBFII conversions in the history of SWBFI if you have time, they are by Sereja! http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=4591.msg62888#msg62888

I'm glad you still check on this site, it's great to have someone like you around! :cheers:

So you are still planning on doing the Coruscant no turrets! Awesome! I'm happy you remembered!
And you play SWBFI still? How often? And do you think you will ever be more active here, just to hang out?

Great to have you around Napseeker! It's great to have yet another master modder here.  :cheer:

Yes Buckler just showed me a list of Sereja's maps, very nice I know I'll have to download them at some point and give them all a try.  Sadly I really don't play SWBF1 much, I only played my coruscant space map recently again after not touching SWBF for I think 6 or 7 months.  I still love the game, but man you know it is very easy to waste a lot of hours playing away and I really haven't been able to spare a lot of free time these last few years.

Anyway, I promise my priority will be to munge a version of the coruscant space map with the turrets firing only very, very little.  I think if I can clear off about 500mb more of free space on C:\ I can squeeze out a proper build. While I am not around much, Buckler does contact me every 6 months to keep me aware of some interesting developments on the BF1 scene (for which I am grateful) and I still want to someday release my EAG2 beta which has the pilotable Rancor, Acklay, chariot, etc. so look for that in... uhhhh, 2020?!? :P

heh, if hard drive space is what you need, I can arrange for one to be sent to you  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Napseeker on March 07, 2013, 12:00:26 AM
but man you know it is very easy to waste a lot of hours playing away
Ain't this the truth! ;)

Quote from: Buckler on March 07, 2013, 03:35:26 AM
heh, if hard drive space is what you need, I can arrange for one to be sent to you  ;)

Oh I think the real issue is that I need to get off my butt and go into my C: drive and start organizing and backing up the multitude of files that are sitting there (PVR recordings, 3d models, textures, random music, random videos, etc)  Having another hard drive really means I just transfer my disorganized mess of files elsewhere but they'd still be disorganized... better to have an excuse to sort them all at last and burn them onto DVD-R blanks. And then of course, forget to label those DVD-Rs, ensuring that none of that data is ever found by me again when I really need it, lol.

Lol, I am a space freak..
I have over 400 gb in free memory with my other hard drive (it detaches like a flash driver though), I usually delete most of the stuff I love so much, but I figure I'll never get the time to use it anyways..

It helps to pack all SWBF assets that you probably won't be using in RAR files, they seem to smash the size down alot.

Quote from: Napseeker on March 08, 2013, 04:04:11 AM
Having another hard drive really means I just transfer my disorganized mess of files elsewhere but they'd still be disorganized...

Heh, this is how I live.   Sort of a Zen art of Chaos.

Okay, I think I've found the missing 41st Elite sides... still couldn't find the DVD-R where I burned the original release but I did find the two LVLs in the global SIDE folder of my old SWBF1 install.  I've zipped them up and uploaded them to my hotfile account for those who want to grab it. 

I'll do a more official release down the road and add some mission maps for the various Kashyyyk maps that have been ported from BF2, but this upload is just so Kit can kill some time with these sides.  Of course, just a reminder to back up your original REP and CIS LVL files, then rename the two files in my mod to be the new REP and CIS sides.  Should be simple enough....

https://hotfile.com/dl/198194992/24a32fb/41stElite_Sides_Napseeker.rar.html

Quote from: Buckler on March 14, 2013, 12:37:46 AM
oh, it says its gone already

??? I just clicked on the link and the download still seems to be there... anyone else having a problem?