HELP: Are SWBF2 Weapon msh's usable for SWBF1?

Started by Are§, January 23, 2013, 07:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
and im not talkin about stock msh's from swbf2, i mean some of the cool weapon msh's that you can find on gametoast. This might be a stupid question, but hey i've never had to deal with weapon msh's before (its something new im trying from my current project). Also, what then would i do for odf? would i have to make one from scratch? make a copy of an existing swbf1 odf and mod it? Any help for converting these files would be great, because it seems like a lot of cool weapons were released for swbf2 on that site, and a lesser number of cool ones for swbf1 (except for sereja's, those are great  ;))

Quote(except for sereja's, those are great  ;) )
Thank's! :)
Still, there is not much difference, between SWBF1 and SWBF2 weapons.
1. Adopted for SWBF2 msh model, may have different hex editor code, and loose specular effect (if it was at all), but it's surely easy to fix.
2. SWBF2 weapons, may have custom animation, and those animation just not works. But the weapons will works anyway.
3. Some weapons, may have secondary duplicate, for double handed guns anim, but you may use only single gun.
4. odf, are mostly different, so, you realy better copy some from assets, and just edit it.
Well, some very experienced modders may even somehow put new gun/combo/pose animation in SWBF1, but those knowlege is hard to find or understand...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on January 23, 2013, 08:57:52 PM
4. odf, are mostly different, so, you realy better copy some from assets, and just edit it.
Well, some very experienced modders may even somehow put new gun/combo/pose animation in SWBF1, but those knowlege is hard to find or understand...
Yeah, most of the ODF "commands"/Variables are irrelevant in battlefront1 engine, more variables are used in the Battlefront2 engine as you can imagine.
So it's best just to copy a gun ODF that best represents the one you are "porting," and change the Geometry reference in it, then you can continue on from there.

January 26, 2013, 04:25:22 PM #4 Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:30:21 PM by Are§
hey guys im having a problem with one msh im trying to put in, idk if it was made for swbf1 or swbf2 but the munger says "ERROR render invalid for hp_fire and hp_active" for the msh. Then when i try to load a game it crashes. Any suggests on how to fix the msh?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was a different problem causing the crash, the msh works fine.

Post your ODF weaponsection here too it could be that causing the crash not sure really